Discovery of SNMP V1 & 2 devices

Hi folks, is there a way to run discovery and poll using SNMP V1 and V2 either separately or at the same time?

I have some devices that only support V1 and when discovering the network it misses them.

Thanks

They all run at the same time. And that does not make a difference, the only important thing is to configure your device with snmp v1, v2 or v3 correctly, and LibreNMS will do it.

Hmm very strange, any reason you can think of why it would miss V1 devices and pick up only V2?

Some devices accept both v1 and v2c. Some are restricted to v1 (and won’t reply to v2), or the opposite. So as long as your device is configured properly and the community is correct, should be good.
You can confirm that by running snmpwalk from your linux shell and let us know if LibreNMS behaves differently than the snmpwalk command.

I’ve figured out the issue(s), I ran the snmp scan command with -v to see the specific errors which pointed to various problems with the devices and not LibreNMS.

Thank you for your advice.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.