I think I have found the issue. After digging some more there appears to be an error in the discovery when I have the entity state discovery module enabled. This error causes the discovery to never finish which always causes the discovery polling to happen over and over.
When I run the discovery.php -h 7 by hand, this is the error message that is printed to the screen (I grabbed more than just the error so that one has some context of what is happening) :
Load disco module entity-physical
Caching OIDs: entPhysicalEntry entAliasMappingIdentifier…
Runtime for discovery module ‘entity-physical’: 0.4070 seconds with 6760 bytes
SNMP: [1/0.05s] MySQL: [37/0.02s] RRD: [0/0.00s]
Unload disco module entity-physical
Load disco module entity-state
Entity States: +++++++++++++++++++++++
In Grammar.php line 136:
Argument 1 passed to Illuminate\Database\Grammar::parameterize() must be of
the type array, string given, called in /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/frame
work/src/Illuminate/Database/Query/Grammars/Grammar.php on line 886
When I disabled the entity state module, then the discovery polling finished and updated the time in the database.
What is the next step that I need to do for this since I am not very familiar with the laravel framework.