This is my fist attempt to get a distributed poller setup on a CentOS VM at a remote site. The setup is as follows:
Primary location > Full install of LibreNMS including MariaDB etc following the LibreNMS install instruction for an Apache config
Secondary Location > Install of LibreNMS without MariaDB
What I am having difficulty with getting my head around is the following because it’s not outlined in any of the instructions I have read regarding this topic:
- What ports needs to be opened on the firewall at both the primary and secondary location?
- Does the secondary location need access to the primary locations instance of MariaDB? In other words open port 3306?
- How do I share the share their RRD-folder?
- How do i check what version of rrdtool I have and does it have to be installed at both the primary and secondary site?
- How do I install the python-memcached package?
- How do I configure memcache at both the primary and secondary site?
- How do I configure rrdcached at both the primary and secondary site?
Sorry if these questions seem trivial, but like I said, I’m really having difficulty getting my head around how this works and I have no experience with both memcache and RRDTool.
Many thanks for any guidance any of you can give.