Distributed polling automatisation

Hello world !

I have been working on LibreNMS and distributed polling this last few months, and I create some scripts to automatise deployment of pollers.

You can find every information there :

https://security.throyr.com/posts/librenms_poller/

If you think it could be improved (because I know it’s not perfect!), you can send me a message.

I hope this scripts will help everyone who struggle with distributed polling deployment.

Thr0yr

1 Like

Hey Thr0yr,

Can we talk more about this? I do not have any changes or recommendations, but would like to understand what you have done here more.

Hi @pooh

No problem, what do you want to know? :slight_smile:

Can we talk. This is about design of libre (we will have regional pollers) and question is how can we automate if one poller goes down.

We will be using Anycast IP address on the servers. That is how pollers will get to the nearest region. If the poller

No problem. In my use case, we do have one poller for each remote site.

As the remote poller do not store anything locally, you can have two poller, for example, and configure your devices to send snmp to the two poller. If think this is possible. The question is how the data will be send to the central server and not be duplicated. I don’t know about this.

I am no longer working with librenms, because of job change and my actual company is using another nms.