E-mail alerts sometimes don't fire

E-mail alerts don’t always fire when an alert is tripped, but they do always fire on recovery. Below are some screenshot examples of it firing and also not firing, but then recovery e-mails firing for alerts it failed to send when initially tripped.

I’ve also included screenshots of my alerts and e-mail configuration. I believe everything is configured correctly since alerts work correctly 80% of the time, and the problem isn’t consistent between machines, time of day, nature of problem or any other obvious trigger.

Running through audit2allow and journalctl shows no SELinux interference, and when given data to send, sendmail sends it without complaint. LibreNMS is running on RHEL7.4 with EPEL and the Webtatic repositories enabled.

[stjohnson@bambiraptor ~]$ sudo -u librenms /u01/librenms/validate.php

Component Version
LibreNMS 1.33-245-gd6d4a3a
DB Schema 224
PHP 7.0.25
MySQL 5.5.56-MariaDB
RRDTool 1.4.8
SNMP NET-SNMP 5.7.2
====================================

[OK] Database connection successful
[OK] Database schema correct

Thanks in advance for your help!

Others have reported this but I’ve never been able to replicate it past a few users issues.

You can use the debug section of alerting in the docs to get some more info and post that back please.

As soon as I can replicate the issue I’ll give you some debug details. It happens on a near-daily basis, but now that I’m trying to replicate it, it’s behaving exactly as it should.

giphy (1)