Eaton 9px UPS Issue

I am having an issue with an Eaton 9PX ups. The device constantly shifts between generic device and Eaton UPS. Further, I get a lot of garbage information that constantly updates in the event log. Any idea what is causing this, and how I can resolve it?

====================================

Component Version
LibreNMS 1.39-31-g0020479
DB Schema 249
PHP 7.0.29
MySQL 5.5.56-MariaDB
RRDTool 1.4.8
SNMP NET-SNMP 5.7.2
====================================

[OK] Composer Version: 1.6.5
[OK] Dependencies up-to-date.
[OK] Database connection successful
[OK] Database schema correct

Eaton confirmed that this is actually a firmware issue with SNMP. They recommend downgrading to JL version firmware until Kx firmware is released sometime in September 2018

I’m running in to the same issue on a 9PX that was running firmware LA and the same thing after updating to firmware LB. Were you able to resolve this issue after upgrading your firmware? Seems to only happen after it starts populating the interface speed/description.

I also have such a problem with EATON ups after updating the management card firmware to LA or LB (2018/10/18).
I wrote to Eaton’s support, but he says everything is fine. Although I also have strange SNMP responses (values) using other tools (eg MIB Browser).
So it looks like in the Kx firmware (which is not on the site for download) has not been corrected but also in the new LA and LB it still does not work…

Firmware JL:

Firmware LB:

Jim Goodman at Eaton support is the person that was aware of the issue originally. Maybe reach out to Eaton and ask for his contact info for an update

Same problem here. Downgrade to JL release is not really an option due to incompatibility with recent browser versions.
This issue is also tracked here https://github.com/librenms/librenms/issues/9742

I will try to get a statement from EATON. May take a few days if they even care to answer.

Anyone else noticed ssh login is not possible with the LB Firmware? Password is not recognized.

In case you have not found a solution for this yet:
firmware version LD works well for me. LA - LC does not.