Enabling Email alerts return "Error: No config item"

In Global Settings > Alerting Settings > Email options I try to Enable email alerting and it returns Error: No config item.

validate.php comes back clean.

I updated everything I could

This happens in both Chrome and Firefox.

Not sure what else to check.

You are missing some data in your database.

Try running this in the librenms directory:

php artisan db:seed --class=DefaultConfigSeeder

Got a couple errors, iā€™m pretty rubbish with Linux so itā€™s possible I did it wrong.

You did it ok, but it is intended to be run on a fully empty database, so that is why you got an error.
Try it now.

Same errors.

I meant try changing the setting in the webui.

Yeah sorry, it still isnā€™t working. Same error.

If I understand you correctly, in the webui, when you change the setting ā€œEnable email alertingā€ from off to on you receive the error?

Are the rest of the settings under mail filled in correctly? for example:
How to deliver mail:
From name:
From email address:
Use HTML emails:

Correct

ā€œNo config itemā€ means an entry is missing from his config table in the database.

@Matt_Fogleman Iā€™ve updated the seeders. Run ./daily.sh then try to run the seed again. It should do the job now.

Same error unfortunately.

No error on the seeder, you mean the webui?

Check your database:

select * from config where config_name like '%mail%';

Hello,

unfortunately I am facing the exact same issue as mentioned by OP. I also tried all the steps described in this thread but did not get it to work.
Any further ideas what this could be? A list of things I tried:

• Rebuilding the database from scratch
  • Running the ConfigSeeder again
  • Running ./daily.sh
  • ./validate.php is clean with no errors

This is a fresh install on Ubuntu 18.04 using only the provided guide from the docs

same to me too. It started like 4 days ago

is there any fix for this?

Yeah sorry, seeder ran ok but webui still returns an error.

Iā€™m in the same boat too.

Similar issue here. I built a test install on some junky hardware about three weeks ago, wanted try importing a few things from observium and test out alerting, no issues related to email. Found some better hardware and completed a fresh install on Friday and have the same ā€œERROR: no config itemā€ when toggling ā€˜enable email alertingā€™ as well as when I try and switch the Geocoding engine away from the default Google Maps. Same error when I toggle ā€œEnable Dynamic graphs.ā€ Both installs were on Ubuntu 18.04 server.

Ok, found the issue. There was a missing config item in the default seeder. Run ./daily.sh and the seeder again.

php artisan db:seed --class=DefaultConfigSeeder
1 Like