ERROR: RuntimeException: The only supported ciphers are AES-128-CBC and AES-256-CBC

Hi, I have the “Whoops something went wrong error message” in the web interface. I ran the following commands after some research and it looks like they ran OK to me but I am not sure. either way they didnt resolve the issue.

./validate.sh
./daily.sh
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
reboot
php artisan key:generate
php artisan config:clear
php artisan config:cache
chown -R librenms:librenms /opt/librenms
setfacl -d -m g::rwx /opt/librenms/rrd /opt/librenms/logs /opt/librenms/bootstrap/cache/ /opt/librenms/storage/
setfacl -R -m g::rwx /opt/librenms/rrd /opt/librenms/logs /opt/librenms/bootstrap/cache/ /opt/librenms/storage/

Here is the error I can see in the librenms.log file:
[2018-10-10 16:04:06] production.ERROR: RuntimeException: The only supported ciphers are AES-128-CBC and AES-256-CBC with the correct key lengths. in /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Encryption/Encrypter.php:43
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Encryption/EncryptionServiceProvider.php(27): Illuminate\Encryption\Encrypter->__construct(’’, ‘AES-256-CBC’)
#1 /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/Container.php(726): Illuminate\Encryption\EncryptionServiceProvider->Illuminate\Encryption{closure}(Object(Illuminate\Foundation\Application), Array)
#2 /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/Container.php(608): Illuminate\Container\Container->build(Object(Closure))
#3 /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/Container.php(575): Illuminate\Container\Container->resolve(‘encrypter’)
#4 /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Application.php(728): Illuminate\Container\Container->make(‘encrypter’)
#5 /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/Container.php(862): Illuminate\Foundation\Application->make(‘encrypter’)
#6 /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/Container.php(790): Illuminate\Container\Container->resolveClass(Object(ReflectionParameter))
#7 /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/Container.php(757): Illuminate\Container\Container->resolveDependencies(Array)
#8 /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/Container.php(608): Illuminate\Container\Container->build(‘App\Http\Middle…’)
#9 /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/Container.php(575): Illuminate\Container\Container->resolve(‘App\Http\Middle…’)
#10 /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Application.php(728): Illuminate\Container\Container->make(‘App\Http\Middle…’)
#11 /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Http/Kernel.php(215): Illuminate\Foundation\Application->make(‘App\Http\Middle…’)
#12 /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Http/Kernel.php(189): Illuminate\Foundation\Http\Kernel->terminateMiddleware(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request), Object(Illuminate\Http\Response))
#13 /opt/librenms/html/index.php(58): Illuminate\Foundation\Http\Kernel->terminate(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request), Object(Illuminate\Http\Response))
#14 {main}

All suggestions appreciated!
Thanks

Gerry

Hi - I rebuilt the server so this can be closed. thanks.