Eventlog and Syslog pages empty

Up-to-date install, both http://librenms/eventlog and http://librenms/syslog pages return no results.

I have run select * from librenms.eventlog order by event_id DESC limit 10 from the MariaDB interface, and it returns events as expected. However, none populate in the Web GUI.

However, the dashboard Eventlog widget DOES show events.

./validate.php output:

===========================================
Component | Version
--------- | -------
LibreNMS  | 23.9.0 (2023-09-15T06:05:55-07:00)
DB Schema | 2023_09_01_084057_application_new_defaults (259)
PHP       | 8.2.10
Python    | 3.8.10
Database  | MariaDB 10.3.38-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.20.04.1
RRDTool   | 1.7.2
SNMP      | 5.8
===========================================

[OK]    Composer Version: 2.6.2
[OK]    Dependencies up-to-date.
[OK]    Database connection successful
[OK]    Database Schema is current
[OK]    SQL Server meets minimum requirements
[OK]    lower_case_table_names is enabled
[OK]    MySQL engine is optimal
[OK]    Database and column collations are correct
[OK]    Database schema correct
[OK]    MySQl and PHP time match
[OK]    Active pollers found
[OK]    Dispatcher Service is enabled
[OK]    Locks are functional
[OK]    Python wrapper cron entry is not present
[OK]    Redis is unavailable
[OK]    rrdtool version ok
[OK]    Connected to rrdcached
1 Like

Yes, there seems something be wrong.
On my install I see no eventlogs via the main page in the GUI anymore. Empty results.
But syslog is working here in my case.
Latest Librenms Version (monthly)

1 Like

Same issue here

1 Like

Same issue for us

1 Like

Likely due to recent security fixes, but I canā€™t reproduce the issue so I donā€™t know what log messages are causing the issue.

Hi All! First and foremost; Thanks for all your time and dedication to the LibreNMS project. As a long time user of this project I can say that Iā€™m incredibly thankful for all that you have done.

Today we have noticed that we are unable to view Event Logs from any Device page. (device/device=260/tab=logs/section=eventlog/). We are unsure how long this has been going on but it has started within the last month.

Event logs seem to be empty while viewing from the Device page but still appear to be populating mysql and are visible from the dashboardā€™s Event Log widget.

Now doing the usual troubleshooting (./daily.sh and ./validate.php) I see that the ā€œScheduler is not runningā€. Iā€™m not sure if the event log and scheduler problems are related but Iā€™m assuming they are in some way so probably best to figure this out firstā€¦

So I attempted to try to fix the scheduler by running the commands offered to me. While I can copy the service/timer file to systemd and enable / start it with no errors ./validate.php continues to say itā€™s not running. I can see the librenms-scheduler.timer in systemd tooā€¦ Also the servers /var/log/syslog appear to show the scheduler starting as well.

At this point Iā€™m confused why the librenms says the scheduler is not running and Iā€™m hoping this is the reason why our Event Logs have no results when viewed from any deviceā€™s logs page.

Thank you again! I hope this is an obvious one and Iā€™m just missing something simple :slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe our problem may be related to: Eventlog and Syslog pages empty

We too also have an empty event log. We donā€™t use librenms for syslogging so I canā€™t test/confirm that aspect but the eventlog is important to us and not functional without querying the mysql directly.

1 Like

Can someone show the table response? (from the web dev tools network tab)

Also, scheduler is new, so if you installed more than a few months ago, youā€™ll need to set it up.

1 Like

I found a bug with eventlog, but I still canā€™t reproduce any issue with syslog.

1 Like

I believe this is what youā€™re looking for? Sorry Iā€™m no good at web app troubleshooting :frowning:

Thanks for the heads up on the scheduler.

Not quite, more like this:

Ahah gotcha!

I see that data is present in our eventlog, but just not displaying. I see your bugfix so I look forward to that when it completes testing.

We donā€™t have the syslog enabled so I cannot obtain the syslog table data for you but hereā€™s our eventlog table data if itā€™s worth anything. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the help!

Thank you for this. Our event log is now functional!

Had the same problem. Updated to latest and now our Event log stared working again. Thanks!

Is anyone having problems with syslog?

Updated using ./daily.sh, eventlog is now populating correctly. Syslog is still blank.

Canā€™t fix syslog unless I can see what the problem is. Syslog works as expected on all my systems.

Iā€™m just waiting for more information on the syslog issue.

I see you queried your db for data in librenms.eventlog, but did you query librenms.syslog to see what data youā€™re recording there?

Iā€™m not using the librenms syslog extension and have not enabled it so no data is being written to my librenms.syslog table. Even though the syslog widget is able to be placed on the dashboard doesnā€™t mean syslog is running.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.