Extreme Networks (Aerohive) AP305C-1 detected as generic device

Hi people,

I am fairly new to this community, so I just start to find my way here.

I just added a few AP305C’s to LibreNMS and some of them are identified as Generic device. I noticed the difference in model type:

iso.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0 = STRING: “AP305C-1, HiveOS 10.5r4 build-278788”

iso.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0 = STRING: “AP305C, HiveOS 10.5r5 build-279185”

The AP305C is doing fine within LibreNMS, but the AP305C-1 is identified as Generic. How can I get this solved?

Thanks!

Regards,
Mike

In addition I also am very curious about how LibreNMS discovers and classify the device as the type it is. Then I will probably understand why the 305C is detected as Wireless AP and the 305C-1 as generic. I did not find any templates or files for modification that describe the specific devices.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks!

Regards,
Mike

Have you checked out:

Could possibly be the following definition, we would have to see the poller output to sure sure though…

Hi Slashdoom,

Thanks for your input, it is really appreciated.

I ran the poller on both the AP305C and the AP305C-1:

AP305C:
./poller.php -h 172.x.x.x
LibreNMS Poller
Starting polling run:

Hostname: 172.x.x.x
Device ID: 17
(output omitted)

AP305C-1:
./poller.php -h 172.x.x.x
LibreNMS Poller
Starting polling run:

Hostname: 172.x.x.x
Device ID: 22
(output omitted)

So if I understand you correctly, the sysDescr_regex should be adjusted to also match the name ‘AP305C-1’?

Regards,
Mike

I asked Chat GPT to match the expressions:

Therefore, the regular expression /^(Hive)*AP[\w]+(?:_n)?, HiveOS/ successfully matches the input string “AP305C”.

Therefore, the regular expression /^(Hive)*AP[\w]+(?:_n)?, HiveOS/ does not match the input string “AP305C-1”.

So we are getting close :slight_smile:

Damn, I got it! The regex adjusted to also match ‘-1’ and it works now!

Original regex: ‘/^(Hive)*AP[\w]+(?:_n)?, HiveOS/’
Custom regex: ‘/^(Hive)*AP[\w\-]+(?:_n)?, HiveOS/’

Very nice. Credits to Slashdoom for pointing me in the right direction!

1 Like

Good stuff. If you’re able to submit that modified definition file as a pull request on GitHub you’ll be able to help others and also be sure your change doesn’t get overwritten by updates.

Yes, I have submitted a pull request.

Thanks again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.