[FAIL] Discovery has not completed in the last 24 hours, check the cron job

Hi Guys,

I tried all possible variations to fix this issue, nothing helps
[FAIL] Discovery has not completed in the last 24 hours, check the cron job
Maybe it’s because of some permissions? please see below

-rwxr-xr-x. 1 librenms librenms 5049 Aug 24 00:46 discovery.php
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 librenms librenms 13350 Aug 24 00:46 discovery-wrapper.py

amaizenshtein,

you need to troubleshoot - Check the cron job see if you have anything setup incorrectly.
Also, check in the web UI in the poll-log see when the last time your poller has run.

Here is my cron, I checked also webui, and see the pooler is updating every minute

33 */6 * * * librenms /opt/librenms/discovery.php -h all >> /dev/null 2>&1
*/5 * * * * librenms /opt/librenms/discovery.php -h new >> /dev/null 2>&1
*/1 * * * * librenms /opt/librenms/cronic /opt/librenms/poller-wrapper.py 50
15 0 * * * librenms /opt/librenms/daily.sh >> /dev/null 2>&1

• librenms /opt/librenms/alerts.php >> /dev/null 2>&1
            */5 * * * * librenms /opt/librenms/poll-billing.php >> /dev/null 2>&1
            01 * * * * librenms /opt/librenms/billing-calculate.php >> /dev/null 2>&1
            */5 * * * * librenms /opt/librenms/check-services.php >> /dev/null 2>&1
            */5 * * * * librenms /opt/librenms/html/plugins/Weathermap/map-poller.php >> /dev/null 2>&1

how long does it take /opt/librenms/discovery.php -h all to complete? You could try updating to the discovery wrapper too, check the updated librenms.nonroot.cron

Hi Murrant,

How can I know how much time took for /opt/librenms/discovery.php -h to complete?
I’ve 220 devices on that system, what is librenms.nonroot.cron?

I changed discovery.php to discovery-wrapper.py? and it fixed it, Just to be sure I understand it correctly, discovery-wrapper.py runs multiple threads in paralel, while discovery.php runs threads after each other which could take a lot of time, please advise if I’m correct

Correct…

hi,

how you did the changes? can you give us your setup by setup. thanks.

Update your cron file to the one supplied with LibreNMS. (it was updated to use discovery-wrapper.py long ago)