Fast ping and bad ping graph

Hi,

After setting 1 minute fast ping according to Fast Ping Checking - LibreNMS Docs, the graph is not drawn correctly.

In the RRD file, the values are stored after a minute, the RRD appears to be OK.

Can it be solved? It is a error?

====================================

Component Version
LibreNMS 1.62-67-gdd46e15e0
DB Schema 2020_01_10_075852_alter_mpls_lsp_paths_table (162)
PHP 7.3.14-1~deb10u1
MySQL 10.3.22-MariaDB-0+deb10u1
RRDTool 1.7.1
SNMP NET-SNMP 5.7.3
====================================

[OK] Composer Version: 1.10.5
[OK] Dependencies up-to-date.
[OK] Database connection successful
[OK] Database schema correct

Hello please check the FAQ

https://docs.librenms.org/Support/FAQ/#faq17

This is not the problem. Ping finishes in 11 seconds. All pollers also run to within 5 minutes.

There is some kind of performance issue thats why the graph has gaps.

Gaps occurred after changing to 1 minute ping, at 5 minutes everything is fine. I have several pollers and only one pings. The graphs are generated only from the RRD file in which the values are stored.

OK so it would seem that your poller cant keep up with 1 min pings. Have you done any performance tuning?

I did everything according to https://docs.librenms.org/Support/Performance/ except Per port polling - experimental.

I do not think this is a performance problem. All values are stored in the RRD file and all other graphs are rendered correctly without gaps.

I have checked that when setting up fast ping without 1 Minute Polling, it must not set “$ config [‘ping_rrd_step’] = 60;”

I may have overlooked this and maybe it is not written there.

So I would like to point out a bug in the documentation and it will not work with “Sub minute ping check” anyway.

You can submit changes to the docs, click on the edit button at the top of the page.

FYI, if your rrd already exists before you set fast ping, it cannot be changed by the poller.

You must run ./scripts/rrdstep.php -h all. This export the data from the rrd files, creates a new rrd file with the new step/heartbeat and imports all the old data.

I did that, otherwise I wouldn’t start the thread.

The graph doesn’t look like the step is right. Can you check the step and heartbeat of that rrd file?

The step was correct. In debug mode, I found that ping.php stores data in random rrd files, instead of all.

Your statement is unclear. What did you find?