Fresh Install --> no install.php

Following this install build:

Upon the step to go to the “web installer” http://abcdefghijk.com/install I am presented with the " Whoops, looks like something went wrong. Check your librenms.log" Of which I have and the log shows:

[2022-05-14T18:24:09.802700+00:00] production.ERROR: PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1698] Access denied for user ‘librenms’@‘localhost’ in /opt/librenms/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php:40

(I am assuming the lack of a install.php file at the aforementioned web link is resulting in a general error page, and I’m figuring of course there is a db access problem as I have yet been giving an opportunity to enter the pertinent db address, user, pass, or db name yet…

Have I missed something obvious or should there not be an install.php file in the /opt/librenms/html directory?

-Im using Firefox browser v100.0 64bit on Win10 64bit PC

OS of the librenms install: Debian 11 Bullseye (freshly updated)

librenms@LibreNMS:~$ ./validate.php

Component Version
LibreNMS 22.4.0-33-ga7147a17e
DB Schema Not Connected (0)
PHP 7.4.28
Python 3.9.2
MySQL Not Connected
RRDTool 1.7.2
SNMP 5.9
====================================

[OK] Composer Version: 2.3.5
[OK] Dependencies up-to-date.
Could not connect to database, check logs/librenms.log.

I see the .env and if I populate the DB data, sure enough it connects to the database. But of course the DB is empty and has no structure so no gain…

Same issue. Same validate.php result. Not connecting to MySQL. Logs say no password for user librenms. So I check the environment variables and get the result below.

librenms@LibreNMS:~$ cat .env
APP_KEY=base64:GvMxyrXJRcj5jCiCPYOlTfYlvuByrL21UXOTMQtBD1c=

#DB_HOST=
#DB_DATABASE=
#DB_USERNAME=
#DB_PASSWORD=

#APP_URL=
INSTALL=true
NODE_ID=62867ec7e2e7f
VAPID_PUBLIC_KEY=BBwd2aEtJ43d9J5LEOEhfvpFK3DlOrvdZN7fXGOjLVTYmxLgNPNNr3CqwT0Fv4rh8eQlyXDTF-DBwI74m_vJCRk
VAPID_PRIVATE_KEY=Qj5vP8AVoub7WQOIUQ1x5emoXUhYgDRZKAtB0sswPUU
librenms@LibreNMS:~$

I followed the install instructions. What is the issue here? Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.