Geolocation dont work

Wordmap dont plot any device location. I just downloaded vmware image (ubuntu) and add some devices, filing location field w streed address. Map drawed but no device ploted in anyware.

LibreNMS just uses the coordinates replied by the system.
Just set the “syslocation” like the example below:

syslocation RANDOMTEXT [48.057446, 6.453289]

It’s important to have the brackets as LibreNMS indicates the coordinates by them.

Also just have a look at this:
https://community.librenms.org/t/librenms-location-on-map-gps-data/1569/5

So , dont work like observium where u just set street address and nms just pull data from google ?

I never used Observium,

But as far as I know that’s the way it works in LibreNMS…

All ok, Many thx for your help

you can use physical address or coordinates.

Please check the docs. Home - LibreNMS Docs

I’m glad someone else has encountered this problem. I’m switching from Observium to LibreNMS. I have properly formatted addresses in all my devices sysLocation entries. Observium properly resolves and populates the global map. LibreNMS does not.
I change the sysLocation on one device to coordinates…and it popped up on the map. I have also read and re-read the World Map document here: https://docs.librenms.org/Extensions/World-Map/

It seems to indicate that Lat/Long takes precedent, then a properly formatted address.

I have mine set to Google and I have a valid API key configured. I’ve tried the other Geocoding Engines with the same results. Lat/Lon works…addresses do not.

Ideas?

I’m using google maps with key and all of mine have address on the system location. It’s working. Also what do you mean by they don’t work?

I mean nothing shows up on the map. Defaults to a global view with nothing on the map.

How are the address formatted?

Street Name, City, State, Zip

I’m not sure why it’s not why it’s resolving address. Have you tried different geo location engines?

So…interesting item of note. I tried all the available engines on Monday. None would work. I gave the system 15-20 minutes after changing to see if it would “take”. None would show any locations. It’s now Tuesday morning and I guess I left the system switched to OpenStreet and it is working.

I’m going to try to switch back to Google with my API Key and see if it eventually works.

Post the ./validate.php

root@netops:/opt/librenms# ./validate.php

Component Version
LibreNMS 1.46-91-gde7ce7c75
DB Schema 275
PHP 7.2.10-0ubuntu0.18.04.1
MySQL 10.1.34-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.18.04.1
RRDTool 1.7.0
SNMP NET-SNMP 5.7.3

====================================

[OK] Composer Version: 1.8.0
[OK] Dependencies up-to-date.
[OK] Database connection successful
[OK] Database schema correct
[FAIL] Discovery has not completed in the last 24 hours.
[FIX]:
Check the cron job to make sure it is running and using discovery-wrapper.py
root@netops:/opt/librenms#