Global admin vs admin but there is only one admin - user needs to edit sensor thresholds

Is there a way to give “Admin” privileges to devices, ports, or groups that a user is authorized to view.

I have a user who can access PDUs and environment sensors. He needs to be able to customize some of the alerting thresholds so he can get alerts. However even if I create a group with all of the necessary devices and assign it to him as a normal user he can only view the device and does not have the ability to edit it.

I have edited the device controllers so I could get the edit device gear icon. But now when I click on it I gets permission denied. I see that the condition for the tasks is “hasGlobalAdmin” I would assume that there would be a non global admin but there isn’t.

So I set it up so the normal users can edit devices/groups/ports they have been assigned and only provided the necessary settings available.

Also modified the files so only the health/sensor tab is visible to them.

This would lead me to believe that we should have a global admin, device/group/port admin, and normal user profile. Any tips on which files or database entries will need to modified to do this?

This topic was automatically closed 186 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.