Help sending email alerts for specific devices to specific users

Hi I am new to LibreNMS. I am using it to monitor the SNMP enabled UPS units we sell. I have been able to generate alerts to the admin user and to a test “normal user”. However emails are only being sent to the email addresses I created in the Transport, not to the admin or the normal user.

I cannot place the email address of the normal user in the transport setup because then the normal user would receive alerts for all UPS units and not just his own.

If it is possible to send email alerts for specific devices to specific users please guide me through this processs

You can use the sysContact.

Go to your device snmp configuration (In the device itself, not LibreNMS) and configure it like:

The Name <[email protected]>

Then enable Issue alerts to sysContact.

EDIT: Forgot you can override the sysContact in the LibreNMS itself, in the Device Settings:

Thanks for the reply @TheGreatDoc
I have tried both of your suggestions but still when I cause an alert to be generated emails are only being sent to the two email addresses I set up in the transport. No email comes to the amin or normal user email accounts. (both the admin and normal user have emails set up in their profiles.

result of ./validate.php

====================================

Component Version
LibreNMS 1.63-23-g7f8b660c0
DB Schema 2020_04_13_150500_add_last_error_fields_to_bgp_peers (164)
PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.4
MySQL 10.1.44-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.18.04.1
RRDTool 1.7.0
SNMP NET-SNMP 5.7.3
====================================

[OK] Composer Version: 1.10.5
[OK] Dependencies up-to-date.
[OK] Database connection successful
[OK] Database schema correct

Just for test, try not setting any transport for that rule

I removed the transport from the alert rule and then caused the alert to trigger.

No emails were generated, although alert notifications are triggered for both the admin and normal user accounts.

Does the eventlog show something like Issue alert to.... ?

Hi again, the event logs only show the messages associated with the alert transports.

Please, try ./scripts/test-template.php -d -t TEMPLATE_ID -h DEVICE_ID -r RULE_ID

Of course, change the TEMPLATE_ID, DEVICE_ID and RULE_ID with your current ones.

Paste output obscuring sensitive data.

Please see results of ./test-template.php -d -t 5 -h 4 -r 8 below:

Thanks for the continued assistance.

@TheGreatDoc

Any further suggestions for me to try?

Im not sure at this moment as Im not using email notifications.

@ TheGreatDoc Thanks for trying. Is there anyway I can request assistance on this issue? It seems to be like it may be some simple configuration error because everything else seems to be working just fine.

Lets start from the basics:

This is my Email Options tab:

Then, configure to suit your email in General Alert Settings:

Then fire an alert and check if you get it in the configured email.

Hi, When these steps are followed, no email is generated/sent to the email account listed in default contact.