Hikvision camera reporting as Generic Device in LibreNMS

I have tried to add a hikvision camera (ds-2cd2342wd-i) and am presented with a Generic Device. Can I be advised if this device is supported in LibreNMS and how I would go about getting it to be correctly identified please? Apologies if I’ve missed something, I’m very new to LibreNMS however I’m really impressed with the software.

./validate.php =

Component Version
LibreNMS 1.33-324-ga7aaf11
DB Schema 228
PHP 5.6.30-0+deb8u1
MySQL 10.0.32-MariaDB-0+deb8u1
RRDTool 1.4.8
SNMP NET-SNMP 5.7.2.1

====================================

[OK] Database connection successful
[OK] Database schema correct

Many thanks,

Tom

1 Like

One of my clients has a few of those cameras (can’t remember its model), and the device’s snmp support is utterly broken. It doesn’t support standard mibs like uptime, sysObjectID etc. You can try checking it with snmpwalk, if you want, and see if your experience is different. Having said that, hikvision NVRs are slightly better, again not many standard oids are supported but more promising. I was planning to do some work on NVR support but disheartened by their broken snmp support.

Thank you for the quick response, I have acquired the MIBs for the camera and I believe has been installed correctly. Would LibreNMS be able to use these MIBs? Is there a way I can supply some information about the setup so someone in the know can help me out?

We use to have support for hikvision but removed it because as @aldemir_a says, it’s utterly broken and not worth trying to support.

Ahh, well thank you all for your responses, having done an snmpwalk against the camera I was very surprised at how bizzar it’s results were. Thank you to both of you!
Cheers,
Tom

Actually I take it back, we do have hikvision support but it depends on the device you’re adding. NVRs seem to be ok but cameras less so.However, they provide nothing back to be of any use:

NMPv2-MIB::sysDescr.0 = STRING: Hikvision company products
SNMPv2-MIB::sysObjectID.0 = OID: SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.50001
DISMAN-EVENT-MIB::sysUpTimeInstance = Timeticks: (396767) 1:06:07.67
SNMPv2-MIB::sysContact.0 = STRING:
SNMPv2-MIB::sysName.0 = STRING:
SNMPv2-MIB::sysLocation.0 = STRING:
SNMPv2-MIB::sysServices.0 = INTEGER: 72
SNMPv2-MIB::sysORLastChange.0 = Timeticks: (0) 0:00:00.00
IF-MIB::ifNumber.0 = INTEGER: 2

So, may as well add as a ping only device so you can at least set the OS.

Hi and sorry for the revive, but is there no way to get some basic info from a Hikvision camera, even with their supplied MIB? I have two networks full of them (with more to come) and technically the reason for my monitoring so it would be great to have them work, even if just a little.

Thanks,
R

Just finished setting up Hikvision monitoring today, via Hikvision API. It is much more reliable and actually offers some valid data.
Cameras: http://down.dipol.com.pl/Cctv/-Hikvision-/isapi/HIKVISION%20ISAPI_2.6-IPMD%20Service.pdf
NVRs: http://down.dipol.com.pl/Cctv/-Hikvision-/isapi/HIKVISION%20ISAPI_2.0-RaCM%20Service.pdf

No easy way of integrating with LibreNMS, though.

What means broken? It works fine in other solutions :confused:

Explain what you are talking about

@laf wrote that the support for Hikvision cameras was remove, cause they where some issues.

On Observium they working fine…