How can I add a custom string OID on discovery process for inventory purposes for a concrete model of Cisco device?

Hi
I have some Cisco Aironet 1200 Devices that librenms discovers but does not show the hardware version.

It looks that this devices does not show the hardware version in the normal OID that every other Cisco devices has to show the hardware version.

All other discovered cisco aironet devices are discovered without any problema but this model is not recongenized.

Example of bad one

Good one

Sending a snmpwalk to the device it looks that hardware info is taken from this OID:

.1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.1.1.1.13.1 = STRING: “AIR-AP1230B-E-K9”

But in the bad one shows like that:
.1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.1.1.1.13.1 = Hex-STRING: FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
FF FF
And it looks that the oid that has the correct information is this one.
.1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.2.1.1.2.1 = STRING: “default logical entity for AIR-AP1230B-E-K9 platform”

Is there any option to moditify the discovery process to get OID .1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.2.1.1.2.1 also?
If it can´t be added to hardware info but can be added as an asset on inventory is also ok, it is only for inventory purposes.

I have been taking a look for custom oid documentation but it is always related to graph metric not for string OID.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi @rokkhan
You should play with this file :
~/LibreNMS/OS/Shared/Cisco.php
This is where all the basic Cisco discovery occurs, in the 120 first lines :slight_smile:

What you’ll try to do is identify the “bad” pattern and poll this better OID only in that case. That will allow you to fix your device without breaking any other (hopefully).

Bye

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.