How to ignore storage?

Hi

I have tried to follow the user docs for ignoring storage. I have a FreeNAS server and it lists 10~ different storage locations:

/mnt/iocage
/mnt/iocage/download
/mnt/iocage/jails
etc

In my config.php I have added this line to the bottom:
$config[‘ignore_mount’][] = “/mnt/iocage”;
I then selected edit device, then rediscover device. The storage locations still appear.

How can I remove or ignore these storage locations?

Thank you

Does anyone know?

https://docs.librenms.org/Support/Configuration/#storage-configuration

If you just want to ignore it for alerts, try setting the warn percent to 100.

I’m actually having this same problem. I’m pretty new to LibreNMS but when I added my OpnSense firewall it automatically was detecting these mount points and alerting on them due to my storage rule and the fact that it thinks they’re full at 100%. This is a false positive and from everything I’ve seen in docs and configs these should be ignored. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

/var/captiveportal/zone0/dev - should be ignore by this default, no?
$config[‘ignore_mount_string’][] = ‘devfs’;

/var/dhcpd/dev - should be ignored by this in the default:
$config[‘ignore_mount_regexp’][] = ‘/^/var/dhcpd/dev,/’;

I’m adding here instead of starting my own because I suspect I’m having the same issue as OP.

You could just set the storage percent warn to 101 this will stop the alerting. Edit->Storage.

What if I want to really ignore the storage?
I recently integrated a freenas box in my librenms server, the problem is it is exposing all snapshots as different mounts, so I have ~1200 storages :astonished: the page of this device takes forever to load and the storage graph errors out.
Is there a way to really remove all the snapshots from the monitored items?
The option

$config['ignore_mount_regexp'][] = ".*/\.zfs/snapshot/.*";

has no effect.

$config['ignore_mount_string'][] = ".zfs/snapshot";

worked so probably it was just a case of a badly written regexp.

Keep in mind you did not escape the .

The first attempt was with

$config['ignore_mount_regexp'][] = ".zfs/snapshot";

and a non escaped dot should match any character, shouldn’t it?
Anyway, in the the previous message the dot before zfs is escaped.

Edit: if you refer to the “ignore_mount_string” it doesn’t use regular expression.
ignore_mount -> the mount has to be the exact string specified
ignore_mount_string -> the mount contains the string
ignore_mount_regexp -> it checks the mount against the string as a regular expression

Ah, I didn’t see you switched to string.

I think the problem with your regex is you forgot the enclosing characters. Also, you don’t have to match the whole string, only part of it.

So: '#\.zfs/snapshot/# (I used # so I didn’t have to escape /)

Isn’t that the sed syntax for search and replace? I though that / had no special meaning in a regular expression.

My fault, I didn’t know that php needed an enclosing character :sweat_smile:

sed uses regex. For regex the terminating characters can be anything, / is typically used. Whatever character you use, you need to escape it in the regex expression.

Protip, if you use the web ui or lnms config:set to set this setting, it will check that that the regex is valid :slight_smile:

I didn’t realize you can set those via the web ui :sweat_smile: (in Discovery -> Storage Module)