HTML code dashboard widget

Hi,
I find one thing missing from LibreNMS: ability to add own html code to the dashboard. It would be great if it’d be possible to create a widget with <iframe> to put your own html code into.

For example: If I use ‘external image’ widget I can put weathermap’s png file on my dashboard. However network-weathermap generates some nice and interactive html files that would be more suited for the dashboard (multiple <a> to different devices/ports, etc).

Hope that the idea isn’t dumb and might be useful for others.

Thanks,
G.

2 Likes

Hi, I would rather suggest to implement “Plugin-Widgets”.
Currently I am trying to build some Plugins and would like to present the content of these with extra Widgets.
I was searching in the code to get a Plugin-Function-Call but I did not find it.
I would like to create 3 or 4 different Widgets per Plugin with alternative Visualizations.
A functioncall could probably look like this:
pluginwidgetBuild( width (pixels), height(pixels), title, widgetID, presentationtype (1-4) )
… the widgetID would be the ID of the Widget in the Dashboard. With this differenciation, it would be possible to create multiple Widgets based on the same Plugin and type but it would be up to the developer of the plugin to implemented this differenciation.
This function is not in place or have I overseen it?
If it is possible to imlement Widgets using “Plugin”, then all kind of Dashboard-Widgets inclusive HTML-Widgets get possible.

Best Regards
Erich

2 Likes