Huawei MA5600T

just add in smartax.yaml

huawei mibs are the same

Hi @Roman_Tutkevich
Please submit a pull request with this. And it will be included in the next release.
Bye

I’m sorry, how I can do that?

This should put you on tracks :
https://docs.librenms.org/Developing/

I have never used a git and do not know how to work with it. learning how to do it right will take much longer than I am willing to spend on it. so I just leave the modified file here. I apologize if this is not according to the rules.

cat /opt/librenms/includes/definitions/smartax.yaml

group: huawei
text: ‘Huawei SmartAX’
type: network
icon: huawei
ifname: true
over:
- { graph: device_bits, text: ‘Device Traffic’ }
- { graph: device_processor, text: ‘CPU Usage’ }
discovery:
- sysDescr:
- ‘Huawei Integrated Access Software’
- sysObjectID:

The point is that if you change a file manually in your install, you may break the updates … Your choice.
We all spend time for this project, and in return we get a monitoring tool that “just work”, all of us.

I understand that problems with updates are possible. and I understand that you are wasting time on this project and developing it - thank you very much for that. but I am a regular user. I just installed librenms and am trying to configure it to work on my company’s network. I generally may not be a programmer, I may not know the php and the yaml format. I may not understand what exactly should I do so that librenms can work with a device that is not supported by them. an offer to put a git, set it up and make a pull request for me may seem wild in general. it turns out that you cannot add a new device to librenms.

but this is lyrics. specifically in my case - I never worked with git. I honestly tried to set it up, even did a fork, but nothing worked out for me. and at the moment I don’t know what is the reason. I have already spent several hours on this (starting from the setup of a separate machine for this) and I need more time. I spent less time finding the problem and editing the file. therefore, for me it turns out that changing the local file and then following the updates is easier than asking developers to add a new device (not even a device, but only add 2 lines with an oid).

I want to say again that I almost agree with you - it’s faster and more convenient to make a pull request. only you forget that not all of them can do this, but they can fix the problem locally.

sorry if I offended anyone.

https://github.com/Negatifff/librenms/pull/new/community-12173

Is that what you were talking about?

1 Like

Exactly. And all other users of this device will enjoy it out of the box, as you probably did for other devices.
You still need to read and validate CLA :

CLA assistant check
Thank you for your submission! We really appreciate it. Like many open source projects, we ask that you sign our Contributor License Agreement before we can accept your contribution.

Roman Tutkevich seems not to be a GitHub user. You need a GitHub account to be able to sign the CLA. If you have already a GitHub account, please add the email address used for this commit to your account.
You have signed the CLA already but the status is still pending? Let us recheck it.

Thanx !

I add email to my account.

And I have 2 more improvements: adding a few more edgecore vendor models and correctly receiving traffic data for the huawei. Do I understand correctly that I can do the same pull requests? or are there any nuances?

Yes, You can continue editing files, it will upgrade the PR.

You can explain how you have fixed it.
My huawei gpon traffic graphics do not show anything.

Sorry for my English. Gtranslator

Thank you!!

but I’m use

+

Thanks I’ll try. I hope to get it without breaking anything.

Hi @Roman_Tutkevich

I’ve one Huawei OLT, make all the changes of the commits, but the GPON ports does not show traffic, there is any special process to making the graphics displayed?
Huawei MA5608T
VERSION : MA5600V800R015C00
PATCH : SPH106 HP1013
PRODUCT : MA5608T

Best regards,

1 Like

Did you figure this out (gpon ports not showing traffic)?
I have both ma5800 and 5608T and both have the same issue.

What firmware version have the OLT loaded? Seems like you need V18 to have the graphs of the PON ports.

good day

On one of my OLT huawei’s I see next

VERSION : MA5600V800R013C10
  PATCH   : SPH208
  PRODUCT : MA5600T

and I see ports traffic graphs.

LNMS:

bash-4.2$ ./validate.php

Component Version
LibreNMS 21.3.0-63-gcedb057
DB Schema 2021_02_09_122930_migrate_to_utf8mb4 (208)
PHP 7.3.26
Python 3.6.8
MySQL 10.5.9-MariaDB
RRDTool 1.7.1
SNMP NET-SNMP 5.7.2
====================================

@Gent can you do https://github.com/librenms/librenms/pull/11719#discussion_r441379397 ?
in that piece of code 4194356480 - port_id for GPON 0/6/13. maybe you don’t use it. take any used and see his port_id in ifName