Huawei server does not work with LibreNMS

Hello

Open a case at Huawei for this. I did open one, they did not come with a real fix, only a workaround, which is annoying to use. May be if they receive other cases, they’ll fix it.

Basically when you change the hostname in IBMC, they don’t provide it in snmp sysName. sysName only contains ibmc.

In order to workaround this, you have to use snmpset on sysName (so you need to configure a snmp write community, etc etc)

But hostname in iBMC didnt change it is same all time, what i found is that if you write different hostname in Libre nms as a result is that device cant be correctly added.
So it is about LibreNMS not about iBMC, because i didnt change hostname in iBMC.

So the question was simple, it is known rule in LibreNMS that hostname in iBMC must be exactly same as in LibreNMS ?

BR

Filip Směšný

I don’t really get your issue.

LibreNMS does not care about what hostname you have in your DNS, or in the device itself. The only issue for LibreNMS is to have more than one device with the same hostname.
And Huawei is returning the same name “iBMC” for all of their devices, independantly of the whatever name you set in them. So you have this exact issue : all your server come with the same hostname, and LibreNMS complains about it.

So if this is your issue, I have a workaround, cause Huawei did not accept to fix it. You can open a case to put some pressure on them if you like.

If it is not your issue, please re-explain it with screen captures, so I can get it.

Bye

Hello, i think that we can ignore the hostname question because now it is not actuall because it working perfectly.

I would like ask you for RAM memory issue ? you told that you will release new patch, can you give me update about this ?

BR

Filip Směšný

OK.

As you probably know, LibreNMS is a community project. We are not developpers, we are not employed, we just all do that in our free time.
And we don’t have much free time right now, working in Telco world. But the patch will come.

I see i understand it thank you for your time :slight_smile:

Can i have just simple general questio about LibreNMS ?

I trying get know how Alert rules work so i decided to use documentation, but it seems the documentations not correspond with reality (real buttons and tabs in libre office) it is visible on screenshots:

Do i messing something ? or i using bad Documentation ?

thank you very much

Yeah it’s old video it hasn’t been updated.

You need to understand that librenms is run by volunteers nobody is actively working on the docs or YouTube videos.

In understand it absolutely ! and i very appreciate replies and the time which people invest in this project and also in support and advices :). Thank you and big up for you.

Can you advice me the best way how to understand Libre (creating alerts etc…) ? because also in Documentation in Alerting chapter, i found:

“You can configure all options for alerting and transports via the WebUI, config options in this document are crossed out but left for reference.”

If i understand it clearly it means that the Alert Chapter in documentation is not usable for my LibreNMS (1.6 version).
So what i should do when i want to understand for example how create alert rules ? and also rest of LibreNMS ?

Should i create new thread in this community with question how to create Alert Rule and give some examples and screenshots what i found and what i do not understand ?

Thank you for advice :slight_smile:

Yes, you’ll have better chances with a new post and a proper title linked to alerts. And also, docs can be edited using the little pencil on each page, so feel free to do so whenever you see something that should be improved.

Hi @Fi_Lip
Unfortunately, on my IBMC, even with uptodate devices, I cannot get the total memory nor the used memory. The only value I get is the usage, which is not sufficient to comply to LibreNMS Memory Pool structure. Do you have it on yours ?