Install fails

Works for me. But if i do a complete new installation I have a new problem. On both Debian 11/12 and Ubuntu 22 new installs the webinstaller now reports:

Starting Update…

INFO Running migrations.

2023_06_18_201914_migrate_level_to_roles

4ms
FAIL
SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user ‘librenms’@‘localhost’ (using password: NO) (Connection: mysql, SQL: delete from cache where key = laravel_cache_silber-bouncer-abilities-roles-1-a)

Error!

After renaming the following file:
/opt/librenms/database/migrations/2023_06_18_201914_migrate_level_to_roles.php

Installation continues. But when running ./daily.sh or validate.sh the following result is shown:

Updating SQL-Schema FAIL

INFO Running migrations.

2023_06_18_201914_migrate_level_to_roles … 8ms FAIL

In Connection.php line 795:

SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1091 Can’t DROP COLUMN level; check that it exists (Connection: mysql, SQL: alter table users drop level)

In Connection.php line 580:

SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1091 Can’t DROP COLUMN level; check that it exists

You’ll probably have to manually fix your db schema.

For the record it looks like the migration fails due to trying to clear the cached auth info, but for some reason that fails during a new install. Not sure the best approach. Probably leave the cache clear but tell it to ignore the error… Fix install failing roles migration by murrant · Pull Request #15262 · librenms/librenms · GitHub

Could not fix it. But added the missing colomn level to the table users.

ALTER TABLE users
ADD COLUMN level INT NOT NULL;

Than runned the ./validate.php script and everything corrected.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.