Install Woes Part 2

I have finally go things somewhat running. So, when I look at the configuration screen on the webpage, the only real issue is this: “Warning: Could not check Python dependencies because this script is not running as librenms”

So, I went to the link and read and followed these instructions:

Of course, this resulted in no change in the config status. How can this issue be solved.

Keep in mind, I am a very green user in the linux world but am willing to learn. A lot of things I picked up for fixing some issues I have researched so I’m pretty happy to be at this point.

Anyway, thank you for any assistance,

Kevin

Have you restarted php-fpm since the change? systemctl restart php-fpm most likely.

Okay, I typed that in and executed it and got:
==== AUTHENTICATING FOR org.freedesktop.systemd1.manage-units ===
Authentication is required to restart ‘php-fpm.service’.
Authenticating as: [my web-based username] and in () my root name. i.e. Webusername is Fred but root username is Jon so it lists it as Fred(Jon)

On the Password, I put in the web-interface password but I get this:

==== AUTHENTICATION COMPLETE ===
Failed to restart php-fpm service: Unit php-fpm service not found.

So I substituted the actual name of php7.4-fpm and re-ran the command.

It ran like the above but this time, there was no failure to restart message. Does this mean that it restarted?

Anyway, this didn’t work unfortunately. Stil have the same warning.

I even logged out and back into the web portal with the same negative results.

Okay, here is the solution I got from a Discord user.

First, one has to either go to the /opt/librenms directory or include that path in this statement:

sudo pip install -r requirements.txt

Once I did that, it cleared up the problem of not having proper permissions for all users to access Python

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.