Issue With email notifications after daily update

LibreNMS was working fin until earlier this week. I had to do a restore from a backup done on sunday (Which Ive done before with out any issues). Everything works normally until the daily update runs after that no email notifications are being sent when I look at any log for a device with a triggered alert it shows the message below.

2018-02-15 07:16:01 System Could not issue warning alert for rule 'Toner Warning' to transport 'mail' Error: Could not instantiate mail function.

Here is also the log when it was working.
2018-02-14 18:36:02 System Issued recovery for rule 'Toner Critical' to transport 'mail'

When I use the test mail button in the GUI it turns green but nothing is ever sent to the mail server. My configuration is below, nothing has changed in that either.

When I run Validate config from the GUI everything shows OK. When I run ./validate.php from the server I get pages of variouse cannot adopt OID messages and Cannot find module XXX messages
before getting

I’m not sure why I’m getting the composer error. I don’t recall seeing this error before, I have run the get-apt composer and installed it but that doesn’t seem to make a difference for anything but that FAIL goes away.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

snmp errors are because you added mib directories in your /etc/snmp.conf

Email alerts are fixed in latest patch, run ./daily.sh

Missing composer is ok for now, but you should install it for the future.
You can either install it or run ./scripts/composer_wrapper.php and check for errors.

Validate will not complete unless you install composer.

1 Like

That was great!!

Ran the update and that resolved the email issue.

Ran ./scripts/composer_wrapper.php came back with corrupt download so installed with apt-get install composer and it installed fine. so I reran ./scripts/composer_wrapper.php and it found composer. and the validate completed.

Thanks for that very concise and accurate answer you sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

1 Like