Librenms docker SNMPv3

Hello,
I am using docker for librenms pollers. I want to monitor the docker container via SNMPv3.

In the documentation I only found:

• LIBRENMS_SNMP_COMMUNITY: This container’s SNMP v2c community string (default librenmsdocker)

Is it possible to configure the docker container to use SNMPv3 and disable SNMPv2 on the container?

Hello @MOJr

Yes, you can use SNMPv3

You must configure your container (replaces user data and keys):

RUN net-snmp-create-v3-user -ro -a 'snmp_password' -x 'snmp_privpass' -X AES snmp_user

Then, in LibreNMS, in the SNMP configuration of your container monitored today with SNMPv1, you configure the SNMPv3 values

With this, it would already be working

Kind regards

Hello,
thanks for the info. But It looks like I need to stop and start the snmpd deamon in the container. How do I do that? It looks like the it’s not running as systemctl service.

#> podman exec librenms net-snmp-create-v3-user -ro -a 'snmp_password' -x 'snmp_privpass' -X AES snmp_user
Apparently at least one snmpd demon is already running.
You must stop them in order to use this command.
#> podman exec librenms systemctl stop snmpd
Error: exec failed: container_linux.go:380: starting container process caused: exec: "systemctl": executable file not found in $PATH: OCI runtime attempted to invoke a command that was not found

I tried also /usr/bin/systemctl but that didn’t work either.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.