LibreNMS, Gateone - directly connect to host through SSH button

Hi everybody,

Once again I hope I’m in the right place.

I’ve installed an Ubuntu LibreNMS VM as a lab, this is running on Virtualbox.

To get easy SSH access I’ve installed Gateone, so far so good and I’m able to login via the SSH butten.

But I’m trying to get one thing done which I’m not certain of if this is possible.

When clicking on the SSH button I get redirected to Gateone.
Gateone asks me the IP, portnumber, username and password.

I would expect I’d directly get connected to the device it’s IP, instead of manually entering it.
The URL does contain all the information to connect to the device.

I’ve also added the strings like described in “Add gateone link #8189” in the config.php file.
$config[‘gateone’][‘server’] . ‘?ssh=ssh://’ . $device[‘hostname’] . ‘&location=’ . $device[‘hostname’] .’

Is there a solution to directly connect to the device so I only need to enter the username and password?

Kind regards,
Tim

Hi, I had same problem, did you find any way to make it work already?

If I open a ssh session with just click the button in librenms, it won’t work, just like this:

But when I tried to manual delete ip in ‘&location =’ with the same request url, it will work as expect:

Did you find a way to make it automatically pop up the desired ssh session window?

I was hoping someone found a solution to this. I just got Gateone working, but haven’t had success in getting the ssh session to pass the ip/hostname, or username into the session. I tried messing with ssh_connect.py, and the command option in the server.conf, but was unsuccessful.