libreNMS not E-Mailing after upgrade to PHP 7.4... maybe? (Ubuntu 18.04 -> 20.04)

Validation seems to not show any errors.

I recently upgraded from 18.04 to 20.04, as validate reported PHP 7.2 being “EOL” for libreNMS. So figured, hey, let’s get ahead of this.

Initially, didn’t notice it, but I have confirmed my libreNMS setup is not E-Mailing stuff. So, I suspect I’m missing a PHP package or something. I’m really not sure what to be checking in an upgrade like this. I went from Ubuntu 18.04 to 20.04. And from PHP 7.2 to 7.4.

Please help.

Actually the issue seems to be some of my alerts E-Mail, some don’t. For example, I have an alert for when SWAP is too high, which does E-Mail, but device rebooted, does not. And I haven’t changed device rebooted in like ever (as to how it is defined). Really don’t get it.

Yeah even devices powered off aren’t E-mail alerting… :confused:

The issue looks like it’s related to delay being set to 5m, which looks like the reboot power/off stuff got cleared before alerting. Now, I did not change this value, and I don’t know if automatic updates did, or something, but setting it to 1m seems to have “resolved” it.

This is really concerning that my alerting could get broken like this, and it sounds like they’re getting cleared faster than they used to.

Also, my polling resolution is 1 minute, not 5 minutes, btw.

I’m getting no email alerts on anything. I brought a device down and nothing. I’m done some rudimentary troubleshooting without any success…not sure where else to look?

Well had to fall back to the snapshot I took before upgrade…couldn’t go into the weekend with no emails. Emails are being sent again, so something is up with the upgrade, although I’m guessing others would have saw similar issues too so I am at a loss as to what the problem might have been.