LibreNMS Not Working - Composer detected issues in your platform: Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 8.1.0"

Hi,
I’m a newbie to LibreNMS and Ubuntu so I have very little experience if any in supporting these products. We use this product to monitor all our devices on our network so would really appreciate any help in getting this back up and running.

This issue started after I attempted to update the PHP 7.4 version, as I was notified to update to 8.1.
After the update I was unable to display any info on our devices, and when I selected any action it just displayed 'Whoops, looks like something went wrong. Check your librenms.log.

Tried a number of suggestions from the web, and now I’m receiving the following error message:

'Composer detected issues in your platform: Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version “>=8.1.0”.

I tried removing and reinstalling PHP 8.1 but still getting the above error. Please help or point me in the right direction? Thanks

I am having the same issues at this moment and trying to figure it out. I never had this problem in the past. The install used to be pretty strait forward.

What does ./validate.php say?

I ran into something similar when I upgraded, it’s been quite a while since then tho but I seem to remember I had to manually copy/move “librenms.conf” from /etc/php/7.4/fpm/pool.d/ to /etc/php/8.1/fpm/pool.d/ and restart the service.

Can’t remember if I had to edit any files (ie. php.ini php-fpm.conf etc) or if it even was the same error since I can’t remember the error I got but might be worth checking.

Looks like I’ve got it up and running again. I followed these steps in this link and it worked for me: Upgrade PHP 7.4 to PHP 8.0 on Ubuntu 20.04 with Nginx - Vultr.com

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.