Librenms suddenly quit working

Our server quit working randomly one day and we are unsure of why. This is what I found so far and I hope somebody can help me out with this.

Results of my ./validate.php
bash-4.2$ ./validate.php

In PackageManifest.php line 122:

Undefined index: name

====================================

Component Version
LibreNMS 1.63-57-g0040f38
DB Schema Not Connected (0)
PHP 7.3.6
Python
MySQL ?
RRDTool 1.4.8
SNMP NET-SNMP 5.7.2

====================================

[OK] Composer Version: 2.2.6
[OK] Dependencies up-to-date.

and here is something I found in the error_logs
[Thu Feb 10 17:54:22.726849 2022] [php7:error] [pid 31001] [client 10.10.0.58:53908] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught ReflectionException: Class files does not exist in /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/Container.php:788\nStack trace:\n#0 /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/Container.php(788): ReflectionClass->__construct(‘files’)\n#1 /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/Container.php(667): Illuminate\Container\Container->build(‘files’)\n#2 /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/Container.php(615): Illuminate\Container\Container->resolve(‘files’, Array)\n#3 /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Application.php(767): Illuminate\Container\Container->make(‘files’, Array)\n#4 /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/Container.php(1227): Illuminate\Foundation\Application->make(‘files’)\n#5 /opt/librenms/vendor/wpb/string-blade-compiler/src/ViewServiceProvider.php(139): Illuminate\Container\Container->offsetGet(‘files’)\n#6 /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illumi in /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/Container.php on line 788

Yes I know this is an older server. For fun I built a brand new server and tried to import the database into there but got hung up when trying to migrate the database to a newer version.

I got the login screen back up by reinstalling composer but now I’m getting permission denied on login and when I do ./validate.php

bash: ./validate.php: Permission denied

You also get a login denied when logging in on the website.

What does ls -alh /opt/librenms/validate.php show?

That command shows this
-rw-r–r-- 1 librenms librenms 5.5K Feb 9 00:15 /opt/librenms/validate.php

You’ve changed the permissions on that file (and possibly more).

Run git status in the /opt/librenms/ dir.

If it shows a bunch of files and you haven’t made any changes to the code then run git checkout .

What should the permissions be set too?

This is a server that has been running for a long time and I didn’t tinker with it before it quit working but possibly somebody else did.

755, however git status will tell you what’s wrong as you might have more permission issues. Somethings changed the perms and we don’t touch them as part of the update system :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.