./lnms migrate - Index column size too large. LibreNMS 21.12.0 and MySQL 10.5.13-MariaDB

Hi all,
i tried to update LibreNMS today but during the update process i run in some error.
I was running an older version of LibreNMS and in the t´first steps i had to update the php version and mariadb. Now i’m up to date with the versions but i still get some error:

See Validate.php
bash-4.2$ ./validate.php
====================================
Component | Version
--------- | -------
LibreNMS | 21.12.0
DB Schema | 2020_12_14_091314_create_port_group_port_table (199)
PHP | 7.4.27
Python | 3.6.8
MySQL | 10.5.13-MariaDB
RRDTool | 1.4.8
SNMP | 5.7.2
====================================

[OK]    Composer Version: 2.2.0
[OK]    Dependencies up-to-date.
[OK]    Database connection successful
[FAIL]  Your database is out of date!
        [FIX]:
        ./lnms migrate

Then i try to migrate
bash-4.2$ ./lnms migrate
* Application In Production! *

Do you really wish to run this command? (yes/no) [no]:
 > yes

Migrating: 2020_12_14_091314_create_port_groups_table

In Connection.php line 703:

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1709 Index column size too large. The maximum column size is 767 bytes (SQL: alter table `port_groups` add unique `port_groups_name_unique`(`name`))

In Exception.php line 18:

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1709 Index column size too large. The maximum column size is 767 bytes

In PDOStatement.php line 117:

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1709 Index column size too large. The maximum column size is 767 bytes

I found a lot of posts here where the mariadb version was wrong. But i’m now on the lastest version.
Any suggestions what i can do to fix the error?

I think I had this issue after updating MariaDB then LibreNMS, try (replace port_groups with the table name in question as you might find a few are out of sync :

ALTER TABLE `port_groups`  ROW_FORMAT=DYNAMIC;

This was the right hint!
i had to do this for a lot of other tables but finally everything is fine. Thank you very much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.