Local documentation

Hi DEVs

I like to ask, is there any chance to serve DOCs from local install ?

two reason for this request:

1. suppose one want to contribute to DOCs, it is hmmm, uneasy thing
    pip install …, mkdocs-build, mkdocs-serve, ssh redirect 8000 to DEV machine etc

2. what if the install is on closed network without internet? It could be handy to stay on same machine and look at locally served DOCs. After all, DOCs are included in every LibreNMS install in same way as on internet
    then maybe About Librenms->Docs could point to locally served documents

Hello

you could do what the CI system does;

replace build with serve, and forward a port…

what if the install is on closed network without internet? It could be handy to stay on same machine and look at locally served DOCs. After all, DOCs are included in every LibreNMS install in same way as on internet
then maybe About Librenms->Docs could point to locally served documents

I dont think we will do this since it requires python to build, and librenms is a php application.

Hi @Jellyfrog
tnx for response

one of reason why was asking this is:
if i run v20.x on my server, and let’s say, v29.x is actual version, i will still have a valid documentation, aka documentation what was actual in v20.x

LibreNMS changes are rapid, and specially now with 22.04 / php8.1 and 30-40 PR per month, it is sometime confusing to read docs.

ok, tnx again

It’s possible to enable versioning on the docs. Didn’t feel this was necessary due to the few changes concerning docs. Patches welcomed