Major Bug in the recent releases - Pager Duty

Hi Guys,

After the last upgrades, the recovery alert doesn’t work anymore for pager duty, please advise on this ASAP

Guys,

Anyone facing the same issue?

Please stop creating multiple issues for the same thing. I deleted your two other posts related to this. It’s rude and wastes peoples time. If something is urgent for you then please consider fixing it yourself and sending the fix in, otherwise you have to wait for someone to take a look. Posting over and over does not help speed that up.

Hi Laf,

Since I’m not a developer I can’t to be involved in the code, but I do contribute many things to the tool:
1.Currently working with Palo Alto engineering to create updated MIB’s so it can cover missing stuff such as BGP SNMP data.
2.Work with 3rd party vendor to identify root cause of the issue, so I could reflect the right data to the community
3.Identifying different bugs and reflecting them to the community

So if you see all this, I guess my contribution is more then many other people on this forum even-though I’m not the one who write the code

And that is appreciated but please do understand, that doesn’t give you the right to keep opening issues about the same thing in essence demanding someone looks at your issue. You post once and maybe bump it later on like you did with this, anything else is rude as I’ve said.

Hi Laf,

Can you remove this post please?, I will create one main post with all details regarding this issue

I’ve fixed it, the fix is linked above.

Hi Laf,

After daily script it will update the code? or should I update it manually? I updated the code to the recent version, I don’t see dedup_key’ => $obj[‘alert_id’], in the php file

[root@pdx1-infra06 librenms]# ./validate.php

Component Version
LibreNMS 1.43-144-g1dfa797
DB Schema 268
PHP 7.2.8
MySQL 5.5.56-MariaDB
RRDTool 1.4.8
SNMP NET-SNMP 5.7.2

====================================

It’s not merged in yet.

Hi Laf,

I pulled the fix by ./scripts/github-apply 9321 and it still have recovery issue, anything else can be done to check the feature before the merge?

I’ve tested this and it works fine. Make sure you are using the newer transports rather than the old ones

Hi Laf,

I upgraded librenms system to the recent updated code , after working with Pager Duty support, they still claim that dedup_key is different when alert is recovered

[root@pdx1-infra06 librenms]# ./validate.php

Component Version
LibreNMS 1.44-14-g06df834
DB Schema 269
PHP 7.2.8
MySQL 5.5.56-MariaDB
RRDTool 1.4.8
SNMP NET-SNMP 5.7.2

====================================

[OK] Composer Version: 1.7.2
[OK] Dependencies up-to-date.
[OK] Database connection successful
[OK] Database schema correct

After checking again, Pager duty support says that they don’t get recovery notification from librenms
I see in the alert there is an option of turn on recovery notification, is this option related to?

After enabling Recovery notification the issue was solved