Manual discovery stopped working after last night's update

Today I noticed that doing a manual discovery (under the capture menu) stopped working after last night’s update. Commit 699aa8a042d686717ff6707a647a1b0dc1816eff seems to be the culprit. Checking out the previous commit, discovery works fine. Checking out the above commit doesn’t work. The commit is too big so I can’t figure out where the bug is.

When doing a manual discovery (device page -> gear menu -> Capture -> Discovery) I get the text “Unauthorized”. With the commit above I got “File not found” but checking out the latest commit, the message changed to “Unauthorized”.

If there’s any more information I can provide to help please let me know. I tried looking for this bug but I can’t figure out the authentication system in Laravel.

Output of validate.php

====================================
Component | Version
--------- | -------
LibreNMS  | 1.56-27-g750b19f
DB Schema | 2019_02_05_140857_remove_config_definition_from_db (145)
PHP       | 7.2.21-1+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+1
MySQL     | 10.1.41-MariaDB-1~xenial
RRDTool   | 1.5.5
SNMP      | NET-SNMP 5.7.3
====================================

[OK]    Composer Version: 1.9.0
[OK]    Dependencies up-to-date.
[OK]    Database connection successful
[WARN]  Your database schema has extra migrations (2019_02_05_140857_remove_config_definition_from_db). If you just switched to the stable release from the daily release, your database is in between releases and this will be resolved with the next release.
[OK]    Database schema correct
[FAIL]  The poller (librenms) has not completed within the last 5 minutes, check the cron job.
[FAIL]  Discovery has not completed in the last 24 hours.
        [FIX]:
        Check the cron job to make sure it is running and using discovery-wrapper.py
[WARN]  IPv6 is disabled on your server, you will not be able to add IPv6 devices.
[WARN]  Your install is over 24 hours out of date, last update: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 21:18:17 +0000
        [FIX]:
        Make sure your daily.sh cron is running and run ./daily.sh by hand to see if there are any errors.
[WARN]  Your local git branch is not master, this will prevent automatic updates.
        [FIX]:
        You can switch back to master with git checkout master
1 Like

I have the same problem, has anyone found a solution yet?

Regards
Lukasz

For the time being, I rolled back to commit 750b19f3e847d8c32ff4e2ea15f1246cce111c67 and disabled the daily update script.

Thanks lfkeitel, this solution didn’t work for me.
I do the command “git revert 750b19f3e847d8c32ff4e2ea15f1246cce111c67” , Is this something else to be done?

I have two installations Librenms (on Centos / Ubuntu) on both after upgrading the same problem error “Unauthorized”. :frowning:
Unauthorized

I didn’t mean to revert the commit, just do a git checkout:

cd /opt/librenms # Or where ever your install is
git checkout 750b19f
./daily.sh post-pull

Thank you very much, it helps. Now we are waiting, when guys the fix the bug … Regards.

FYI, that is not intended for triggering manual discovery because it runs in the web server process and also can timeout and cause corrupted data in the db. That is for debuging.

You should push the “rediscover” button:

That makes more sense. For some reason I never saw that button before. I’ll use that going forward, thank you. Even if it is for debugging, there’s still a bug in those tools.

Same issue here :frowning:

Seems to be working again after one of the latest updates :slight_smile: