New install works well, but scan stops at 1

Hello, I have got an instance of LibreNMS working “fine” on a raspberry 3 on my network with about 150 devices on it, but i got stuck on the auto discovery or manual scans.

I can add them just fine via GUI. My config.php file has been set as per the docs.

I get this output from a manual scan .
https://pastebin.com/Z0vyAdQ7
and it just hangs there indefinitely .

If i run a similar scan but for a particular host say 192.168.0.15/32 it will scan it and add it with no issues.

What im i doing wrong? all pointers and help is appreciated, im pretty new to this.
thanks

1. Get rid of the contents of /etc/snmp/snmp.conf unless you need it (NOT snmpd.conf)

2. Add -d to snmp scan and retry.

This are the contents of that file
GNU nano 2.2.6 File: /etc/snmp/snmp.conf

# As the snmp packages come without MIB files due to license reasons, loading
# of MIBs is disabled by default. If you added the MIBs you can reenable
# loading them by commenting out the following line.
#mibs :

and this is the result of the -d
and I was less impatient this time, it does not hang there, it eventually pops up more lines, but wont advance to the next IP.

I can see via TOP the CPU stays low, but the load average goes a bit high for a while.
Thanks for the quick reply.

You’ve got something which is inserting additional paths into mib dir, that’s normally snmp.conf, as it’s not in this case you need to figure out where it’s doing it as that isn’t normal.

once that’s fixed, repost the output of snmp-scan.php

I still have not found where on earth im pulling those paths into or from.

But… I left the terminal open, and after a while it did start advancing IPs.

I cant get enough info to determine what makes it slow, because it will spend several minutes stuck at one IP (device) that has no SNMP enabled, and then go quickly thru 5 more, which don’t have SNMP either, then slows again at one.

Those devices that do have SNMP on, are added quite rapidly.

odd.
I left my workstation , I’ll post updates tomorrow.

I’m assuming those devices are firewalled? If so maybe they aren’t explicitly denying the connection so it’s just hanging