New map loading error

Hi guys,

I discovered the new map and created one. Suddenly if I want to see the map it loads the nodes but the links are gone and the map says loading devices. If I go to config for the new maps whole map is there and looks ok. But I can not save it if i make any change. It is stuck in saving. Guys how can I can diagnose this new map? Validete script says everything is okay.

Thank you any hint welcome

It sounds like something has gone wrong in the javascript side. If this is correct, you need to open the browser developer tools and look at the javascript console to get info on what is going on.

Was able to extract this from browser developer tools console.

Uncaught ReferenceError: newnodeconf is not defined
at Object. (1:1806:46)
at Function.each (jquery.min.js?ver=05072021:2:3053)
at Object. (1:1772:19)
at c (jquery.min.js?ver=05072021:2:28327)
at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.min.js?ver=05072021:2:29072)
at l (jquery.min.js?ver=05072021:2:79901)
at XMLHttpRequest. (jquery.min.js?ver=05072021:2:82355)

Can you click on the “Edit Node Defaults” button in the editor? If so, can you please try clicking on the “Set Defaults” button in the pop-up and see if this resolves the issue for you?

If the above does not work, can you please try creating another new custom map and see if you have the same issue on a new map, or if it’s isolated to the one map that’s broken?

Yeah I can set defaults but cant save the map so created a new one. New map works but i future if you can set something wrong and cant revert you need to spend lot of time creating a new map instead somehow force a save.

The new map thing is not a fix, it’s just a troubleshooting step.

I just need to figure out what state the config for the broken map is. Can you please run the following SQL in your database (replace X at the end with the custom map ID from the URL):
select newnodeconfig from custom_maps where custom_map_id=X

I will try to reproduce at my end with a blank/null new node config, but it’s always best to reproduce what you’ve got.

I will do that and come back to you :slight_smile: