New OS Script

Hi all,

I’m having issues adding a new OS for an EMClarity E620.

I’ve obtained the MIB from the vendor, and put it under /opt/librenms/mibs/emclarity/ but I’m getting the following error and I’m not sure how to proceed.

$ ./scripts/new-os.php -h 121 -o emclarity -t wireless -v emclarity

sysDescr: Linux E620 2.6.32.23 #1 Fri May 20 01:23:46 EST 2011 armv5teb
sysObjectID: .1.3.6.1.4.1.8072.3.2.10

We already detect this device as OS linux type, do you want to continue to add sensors? (Y/n) y
ctrl+c to exit now otherwise please enter the MIB name including path (url is also fine) for us to check for sensors: /opt/librenms/mibs/emclarity/ETHERMUX-E620-V1-MIB
MIB search path: /opt/librenms/mibs:/opt/librenms/mibs/emclarity
Cannot find module (ETHERMUX-E620-V1-MIB): At line 1 in (none)
Unable to find a matching object identifier for “.*Table$”
/opt/librenms/includes/definitions/discovery/emclarity.yaml already exists, here’s the data we would have added:$
$

Same issue if I say “No” to continue to add sensors to Linux OS type

sysDescr: Linux E620 2.6.32.23 #1 Fri May 20 01:23:46 EST 2011 armv5teb
sysObjectID: .1.3.6.1.4.1.8072.3.2.10

We already detect this device as OS linux type, do you want to continue to add sensors? (Y/n) n
Enter the description for this OS, i.e Cisco IOS: EMClarity
Enter the logo to use, this can be the name of an existing one (i.e: cisco) or the url to retrieve one: https://emclarity.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/EMClarity-CMYK.svg
ctrl+c to exit now otherwise please enter the MIB name including path (url is also fine) for us to check for sensors: /opt/librenms/mibs/emclarity/ETHERMUX-E620-V1-MIB
MIB search path: /opt/librenms/mibs:/opt/librenms/mibs/emclarity
Cannot find module (ETHERMUX-E620-V1-MIB): At line 1 in (none)

When specifying the MIB on my VPS (instead of local path) the “Cannot find module” error no longer occurs but the matching object identifier still has issues.

The OS emclarity appears to exist already, skipping to sensors support
ctrl+c to exit now otherwise please enter the MIB name including path (url is also fine) for us to check for sensors: https://derova.net/files/E620-MIB
/opt/librenms/includes/definitions/discovery/emclarity.yaml already exists, here’s the data we would have added:$

Edit*
Looks like I have to do some troubleshooting with snmptranslate

~$ snmptranslate -m /opt/librenms/mibs/emclarity/ETHERMUX-E620-V1-MIB -IR -On notifMinorAlarms
MIB search path: /home/noc/.snmp/mibs:/usr/share/snmp/mibs:/usr/share/snmp/mibs/iana:/usr/share/snmp/mibs/ietf:/usr/share/mibs/site:/usr/share/snmp/mibs:/usr/share/mibs/iana:/usr/share/mibs/ietf:/usr/share/mibs/netsnmp
Cannot find module (SNMPv2-SMI): At line 5 in /opt/librenms/mibs/emclarity/ETHERMUX-E620-V1-MIB
Did not find ‘enterprises’ in module #-1 (/opt/librenms/mibs/emclarity/ETHERMUX-E620-V1-MIB)
Did not find ‘mib-2’ in module #-1 (/opt/librenms/mibs/emclarity/ETHERMUX-E620-V1-MIB)
Unlinked OID in ETHERMUX-E620-V1: em ::= { enterprises 10132 }
Undefined identifier: enterprises near line 13 of /opt/librenms/mibs/emclarity/ETHERMUX-E620-V1-MIB

Edit*
So I got the snmptranslate working by installing snmp-mibs-downloader on Ubuntu but New OS script still failing.

~$ sudo apt-get install snmp-mibs-downloader
The following additional packages will be installed:
smistrip
Suggested packages:
unzip
The following NEW packages will be installed:
smistrip snmp-mibs-downloader

~$ snmptranslate -m /opt/librenms/mibs/emclarity/ETHERMUX-E620-V1-MIB -IR -On notifMinorAlarms

~$ snmptranslate -m /opt/librenms/mibs/emclarity/ETHERMUX-E620-V1-MIB -IR -On superSiteName

@niklasdahlheimer per the thread above, did you fix this on the device itself? I don’t seem to have restrictions on my hardware but sysObjectID.0 is not found for me.

$ snmpwalk 172.16.0.86 -v2c -c public sysObjectID.0
sysObjectID.0: Unknown Object Identifier (Sub-id not found: (top) → sysObjectID)