New to Libre, need halp!

Hello folks, I’m new to librenms and not the person that set this up. We have several templates and such that we import for the bulk of our products and they work perfectly. However, I have 1 device that’s proving to be especially difficult to manage and some unrelated questions.

1. I have a Zhone MXK F1419, it’s a GPON Chassis that can serve a couple thousand customers in an ideal setting. When I SNMP poll this thing, it pulls in 1000s of interfaces just for the basic polling. It has physical ports and then logical (timeslots) the bulk of these I don’t want to import. The next issue is that when I add a customer, the MXK builds a new logical connection, which is by default, pulled into the polling. I’ve gone through and tried to disable polling on these interfaces upon initial install and have mixed results.
    1a) Is there a way to tell libre that I only want to import X Y Z interfaces for a device with “A” device type/OS etc.
    1b) I don’t believe the generic poller meshes will with my device as SNMP says they reboot every 6 hours, which they are not doing. Is there a way to import a MIB from the manufacturer and have libre use that one as well as specify which OIDs are being used (to limit/specify what is being polled)?

Unrelated:
My throughput graphs look as I would expect on a 6 hour window, nice rolling hills of throughput. If i go to any larger timescale, it turns into spikes on each day with what appears to be no throughput for the bulk of the day. I realize it’s probably scaling issue where libre is scaling the graph to show the single burst of traffic but on that larger scale, my more “normal” traffic is a tiny line close to the center. Is there a way to make the reporting more granular?
My graphs are also horrible at loading, they load very slowly if at all.
Is there a guide somewhere that explains what all the color arrows mean when I look at the throughput of a port?

Hi!

For 1a, you are looking for Per port polling where you tell librenms which interfaces to poll manually.

For 1b, read How does LibreNMS use MIBs

About the unrelated, can you post a screenshot of the graph in question?

The colours of the arrows, if you mean this:

They are down/up bits(bps) and packets (pps). You can click on the mini-graph at the left, same colours as the arrows.