Novice with snmp / discovery needs some guidance

Morning everyone.
LibreNMS installed and seems to be operational on my CentOS 8 running on a Hyper-V VM.
Question/concerns stem from my lack of experience really utilizing a tool like Libre for snmp; discovery and monitoring purposes. We have an older Flue OptiView XG I use for discovery and interestingly it picks up way more than what I am finding with a Libre discovery. 192.168.0.0/23 is our Lan. 10.10.0.0/16 and 10.48.0.0/16 are two additional networks I would like to touch on.

I can find the config.php.default but can’t find a config.php file to modify the networks I would like to discover.

Thoughts?
TIA
Terry

Hi
It’s in /opt/librenms/config.php.
Regards

Thanks Nathanael.
Just looking in that directory: I see the default and just config. Perhaps I am overlooking it but for the life of me I can not find that file.
Terry

Hi

The install guide states that it should be created but can be manually created if need be - Under section Web Installer.
Install LibreNMS - LibreNMS Docs

Kind regards

Terry -

When you login as librenms do an ls -a. You should see config.php.default. Use that file to create your config.php. That will have the section for the discovery in the docs that Nathaniel sent.

HTH
Mark

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 186 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.