Overview page now shows: Whoops, looks like something went wrong. Check your librenms.log

Hi,

LibreNMS was working fine, and now without changing anything when I click on any of the devices to view the “overview” tab, I get:

# Whoops, looks like something went wrong. Check your librenms.log

In that log I see:

[2021-10-20 00:58:53] production.ERROR: Method Illuminate\View\View::__toString() must not throw an exception, caught Illuminate\View\ViewException: Argument 1 passed to League\CommonMark\Converter::convertToHtml() must be of the type string, null given, called in /ssd/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Support/Str.php on line 394 (View: /ssd/librenms/app/Plugins/ExamplePlugin/resources/views/device-overview.blade.php) {"userId":1,"exception":"[object] (Symfony\\Component\\ErrorHandler\\Error\\FatalError(code: 0): Method Illuminate\\View\\View::__toString() must not throw an exception, caught Illuminate\\View\\ViewException: Argument 1 passed to League\\CommonMark\\Converter::convertToHtml() must be of the type string, null given, called in /ssd/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Support/Str.php on line 394 (View: /ssd/librenms/app/Plugins/ExamplePlugin/resources/views/device-overview.blade.php) at /ssd/librenms/includes/html/pages/device/overview.inc.php:0) [stacktrace] #0 {main} "}

./validate.php
====================================
Component | Version
--------- | -------
LibreNMS  | 21.10.0-20-g568d12cbd
DB Schema | 2021_07_28_102443_plugins_add_version_and_settings (222)
PHP       | 7.3.29-1~deb10u1
Python    | 3.7.3
MySQL     | 10.3.31-MariaDB-0+deb10u1
RRDTool   | 1.7.1
SNMP      | NET-SNMP 5.7.3
====================================

[OK]    Composer Version: 2.1.9
[OK]    Dependencies up-to-date.
[OK]    Database connection successful
[OK]    Database schema correct

Polling still seems to be working fine…and the graphs are all updating.
Any ideas…??

Cheers.

This is after https://github.com/librenms/librenms/pull/12998

I have the except same error. This happened after I ran ./daily.sh. Any fix for this?

Fixed in https://github.com/librenms/librenms/pull/13385

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.