Oxidized not seeing all LibreNMS devices

I have LibreNMS and Oxidized running on separate servers. The All Devices view in LibreNMS shows 1,357 entries, but Oxidized shows only 1,092 devices.

• The “Do not backup these Oxidized groups”, “Do not backup these OS” and “Do not backup these device types” fields are empty in LibreNMS.
  • vars, groups and group_map fields in /home/oxidized/.config/oxidized/config are empty.
  • Nothing related to the device list is found in /home/oxidized/.config/oxidized/logs/.

How can I identify which devices are missing, and why?

Count the output from the LibreNMS API.

Likely you have some “Linux” os or similar that are known to not have backup models in Oxidized and are excluded, see oxidized.ignore_os

Hi @murrant. api/v0/oxidized returns 1,357 devices, the same number listed in LibreNMS /devices. However, Oxidized still sees only 1,092 devices. lnms config:get oxidized.ignore_os returns only [], so no OS should be ignored.

Is there a list of which OS are known to not have backup models in Oxidized? If so, I could count those and see if they add up to 265 (the difference between what LibreNMS sees and what Oxidized sees).

Perhaps it is discarding ones that don’t have models in oxidized. Check the oxidized log.

I think list is in the folder oxidized/lib/models or something like that.

Yep, this was because LibreNMS returns some devices for which Oxidized does not have a model. For anyone wishing to check this themselves, the models are stored in /var/lib/gems/3.0.0/gems/oxidized-0.29.1/lib/oxidized/model/ though your version numbers may differ.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.