Oxidized Setup Help

I have LibreNMS & Oxidized setup and communicating with each other.

However, I have a few questions:

• The gui for oxidized doesn’t come up, gives me a ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error.

• Right now I have the output set to file but am curious about git option. I gather that it outputs the configs to a local git repo but then what do I do with that or what can I do with that? Can I push it out to somewhere for viewing or what?

• Is there built-in support for Aruba & Fortinet? Oxidized is giving model not found for those .

LibreNMS & Oxidized are installed on the same CentOS 7 VM .

• The gui for oxidized doesn’t come up, gives me a ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error.

That error message is coming from your web browser, so it sounds like it’s a firewall issue?
Are you trying to access oxidized-web?

• Right now I have the output set to file but am curious about git option. I gather that it outputs the configs to a local git repo but then what do I do with that or what can I do with that? Can I push it out to somewhere for viewing or what?

Yes it outputs to local git repo, which manages updates which you need for versioning. Normally oxidized-web or librenms is enough for viewing, but feel free to push out remotely then setup Gitea etc

it says Aruba and Fortigate OS are both supported, is that not correct ? You need to map it in your oxidized config

Yes I’m trying to access oxidized-web through the x.x.x.x:8888 address.

What is Gitea? Sorry, new the whole Git stuff. What’s the best way to setup the output to where we could potentially backup the configs remotely?

How would I map it ? For those devices they are returning the os as arubaos & fortigate. The aruba device is an IAP and the fortigate is a firewall. How should I do my model map? And you are talking about in the oxidized config down in the model_map section, right?

Start with looking to output to local git, that’s all you need to get started. Then you will have config versions in both oxidized-web and LibreNMS. You can take a backup of that git repo folder if you wish.

I would explore https://github.com/ytti/oxidized/blob/master/docs/Hooks.md push_to_remote after your happy everything is working as you want.

You may not need to map the OS manually if you use LibreNMS to feed Oxidized, as it automatically maps the correct OS https://docs.librenms.org/Extensions/Oxidized/

Ok, I will work on that. That’ll be good to see the config versions in LibreNMS. Still don’t have oxidized-web working , not sure what the issue is. Guess I could turn off the firewall and see if that makes a difference. I did this already: sudo firewall-cmd --zone=public --permanent --add-port=8888/tcp

So that would push it out to like an online git repo service?

Yea, i’ve seen that LibreNMS is supposed to automatically map to the correct OS but it wasn’t happening for some reason. I had to do the following mappings:
arubaos: aosw
fortigate: fortios

However, I’m also having some troubles with successfully getting configs from the Aruba IAP & Fortigate. The Aruba IAP is having issues with the fact that there is a welcome/informational message that is sent over SSH after login before the prompt comes up .
The fortigate is giving a timeout error.