PacketFlux - RackInjector

Hi, we’re dealing with hundreds of power outages due to winds, etc in SoCal and trying to automate alerting of voltage levels in a PacketFlux RackInjector (POE Injector). For whatever reason, the device is detected, however voltage levels and other items are never monitored (everything reports 0). If there’s anyone on this community that would like to take this up and get it fixed, I’d be happy to pay $200, whether directly or ideally contributed to the project for this device to be property supported. I can supply any snmpwalk’s etc. I don’t know if this needs to follow the normal procedure as PacketFlux is already in LibreNMS but it doesn’t work right on this particular device due to the reasons below (from the owner of the company):

The SiteMonitor Base and Base 2 Products don’t have a proper mib file for their OID tree. The document at https://packetflux.supporthero.io/article/show/61611-how-do-i-obtain-the-mib-files-for-the-sitemonitor-base-unit describes why.

However, the PACKETFLUX-SMI and PACKETFLUX-STANDBYPOWER mibs you mention are valid mibs, and there isn’t any reason not to replace them with the latest files. Some of them will end up with a few technical revisions around the release of the Base 3, so they will probably need to be updated again at that point.

A quick glance at the docs you linked to indicate they identify using the sysObjectID, which in our case is different between the products. The sysObjectID for the older SiteMonitor products should be .1.3.6.1.4.1.32050.1.1. The RackInjector should be .1.3.6.1.4.1.32050.1.3.

So you should be able to change the existing detection so it only detects the …1.1 sysObjectID, and then create a new one for …1.3.

Be aware that the values you are looking at will likely change their OIDs in other products. That is, although the voltages appear at a certain set of OIDs in a rackinjector, in a Base 3 these same OIDs will be used to reflect different voltages relevant to the Base3. In each platform, the voltages will appear at these OID’s but the meaning of those OIDS will vary from platform to platform, in a very similar way to ethernet interfaces in other devices - the SNMP OID for the first ethernet interface is the same across numerous platforms, but what physical interface it corresponds to varies greatly from platform to platform.