Pager Duty Filter

Hi Guys,

Please advise if it would be possible to develop a feature where I can filter what alerts may trigger Pager duty and what not

1 Like

Guys, any update on this, this feature becomes critical to filter alerts what will be triggered to pager duty and what can have only by email

This has been challenging for myself as well. Because everything that is triggered ends up with a PagerDuty incident. As well I have issues with resolved incidents not resolving existing pagerduty incidents, but in fact triggering a new alert.

I’ve moved away from using the built in pagerduty integration to setting up an email intergration and creating some filters within pagerduty that if a match for something in an email subject contains something specific, such as, “Alert [hostname] Device Rebooted” it triggers a pagerduty incident. If a recovery email is sent with a subject of “Recovery [hostname] Device Rebooted” it should resolve the incident.

This email information is impacted by your alert templates format etc. I’ve done some template work to include certain data. But mainly the pagerduty triggers can focus on the “subject” field.

-Jeff

There are various ways to think about this.

• Define more statuses than Warning and Critical, so that we can define which transport send which status. More like syslogs
  • Expand the alerting definition to add for each alert which transports are triggered
  • Any other idea ?

I will also soon have the same issue, as we plan to page from libreNms as well.

PipoCanaja

1 Like

I choose option 1, Define more statuses than Warning and Critical, so that we can define which transport send which status. More like syslogs

How can I say what needs to be triggered to pager duty? and what should be sent by email? as each alert which is triggered, sends both , email and pager duty

1 Like

We need to get some feedback from LibreNMS team first, and see how they imagine this. What DB changes would be needed, what code change, what webui change etc etc …
And later on, it has to be developped, validated and included into LibreNMS. Lots of steps to go I would say.

2 Likes