PhpWeathermap

Do someone know how to change the behavior of colors of the links in phpweathermap ? Actually they change with the bandwidth percentage, I want them to react according to their status (Green for UP, and Red for Down).
If you know some forums that deal with this topic, I would be happy to have them.

Best regards,

Victor

This is more a network weathermap question. Try: https://github.com/howardjones/network-weathermap/issues/69

thank for replying but the link you gave me is my thread and they tell me this isn’t the right place to post it. I tried my chance here.
I will post evolution if I found something.

He’s directed you to the cacti forums, support for weathermap is done there so even though you don’t use cacti you should still be able to ask for help there.

Someone else might chime in here and answer you but I don’t have the answer.

I Opened a topic on cacti’s forum. I’ll feed back if there is a solution that is found.

https://network-weathermap.com/manual/0.98/
It’s all in there, particularly in the advanced section. I guess you could use an inscalecolor / outscalecolor of ‘0’ or ‘>0’ for red / green.

I have only used it for link utilisation, I tried using the cacti node status to change icon but gave up eventually…

that what I use actually, but it gave me fake data. Sometimes I have no traffic on some connections and it displays me a red link like a down one.

That’s not too unexpected, it’s a hacky workaround.

Might be worthwhile to highlight (or develop) it as a useful feature. I know weathermap is undergoing a lot of rewrite.

Cacti’s members shared to me a solution who looks good ( forums.cacti.net/viewforum.php?f=16 ).

The issue is in my rrd data. To make the color change, I have to get the rrd’s port a variable status, but in my rrd’s I’ve only the variables listed below. None of them gives the status of the port.

Do you know if I have to look in a other rrd file or there is my answer in variables below ?

rrdtool dump  port-id829.rrd  | grep name
                <name> INOCTETS </name>
                <name> OUTOCTETS </name>
                <name> INERRORS </name>
                <name> OUTERRORS </name>
                <name> INUCASTPKTS </name>
                <name> OUTUCASTPKTS </name>
                <name> INNUCASTPKTS </name>
                <name> OUTNUCASTPKTS </name>
                <name> INDISCARDS </name>
                <name> OUTDISCARDS </name>
                <name> INUNKNOWNPROTOS </name>
                <name> INBROADCASTPKTS </name>
                <name> OUTBROADCASTPKTS </name>
                <name> INMULTICASTPKTS </name>
                <name> OUTMULTICASTPKTS </name>

You have to get that from the API / DB, we don’t store port status in rrd files.

So is there a way to make this happen in a feature request ? I personally through this is a useful function for Weathermap or people who want to use rrd file and not API.

Best regards

You can request it.

Personally I see little point in storing the port status in an rrd file.