Having a problem with one device, an APC UPS that isn’t showing the voltage. I only realised this week while checking them all. The following shows under Recent Events:
Error discovering sensors module. Check log file for more details.
I deleted the device and added it back, but the error is still showing up. The device is missing three sensors -Temperature, Voltage, and Count.
I have an identical model with the same firmware at the same location, no problems with that device.
I compared the discovery to the one I ran on another unit, same model and firmware, etc. and it showed that I was connecting by SNMP v1 where I was using v3 for the problem device. I changed over to try v1 and there was no change.
Since I was in the UPS GUI I looked at the Next Battery Replacement Date and it shows “20=3-07-27” so this is definitely a vendor problem. I was going to try a firmware update but that requires the UPS to be turned off (!) so I will reach out to the vendor, Schneider Electric, and see if there’s any response.
I’m guessing that this UPS used to discover OK until the replacement date updated and that’s when the trouble started.