Problem with one device

Having a problem with one device, an APC UPS that isn’t showing the voltage. I only realised this week while checking them all. The following shows under Recent Events:
Error discovering sensors module. Check log file for more details.

I deleted the device and added it back, but the error is still showing up. The device is missing three sensors -Temperature, Voltage, and Count.

I have an identical model with the same firmware at the same location, no problems with that device.

Discovery Untitled - LibreNMS
Poller Untitled - LibreNMS

Where are you getting those discovery and poller run logs from as they don’t look very good?

If you click the cog on the device page and click ‘capture’ you can run a discovery or polling session from the UI which might help

Peter, I followed the instructions when I created the post here.

I just ran the capture on discovery for the device that is a problem and for another that is OK, the problem device is here

Appreciate any advice you can give, thanks.

Not sure what is going on there… perhaps ask vendor if it should be 2023 or something else and perhaps how to get it to return a valid date ?

If you look it seems to cause some issues, not sure if this stops your other sensors getting discovered … might be worth comparing to a successful one?

SNMP['/usr/bin/snmpbulkwalk' '-v3' '-l' 'authPriv' '-n' "" '-a' 'MD5' '-A' 'PASSWORD' '-u' 'USER' '-x' 'DES' '-X' 'PASSWORD' '-OteQUsa' '-Ih' '-m' 'PowerNet-MIB' '-M' '/opt/librenms/mibs:/opt/librenms/mibs/apc' 'udp:HOSTNAME:161' 'upsAdvBatteryRecommendedReplaceDate']

upsAdvBatteryRecommendedReplaceDate.0 = "07/27/20=3"

I compared the discovery to the one I ran on another unit, same model and firmware, etc. and it showed that I was connecting by SNMP v1 where I was using v3 for the problem device. I changed over to try v1 and there was no change.

Since I was in the UPS GUI I looked at the Next Battery Replacement Date and it shows “20=3-07-27” so this is definitely a vendor problem. I was going to try a firmware update but that requires the UPS to be turned off (!) so I will reach out to the vendor, Schneider Electric, and see if there’s any response.

I’m guessing that this UPS used to discover OK until the replacement date updated and that’s when the trouble started.

Appreciate your help.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.