Problems with pppoe port name

Hello, I’m new here. I’m doing this topic for a problem encountered on a pppoe server that is mounted on a mikrotik.
give an example client x disconnects from pppoe server before port deletet from librenms wrote me the name of the client who disconnected but now it appears to me only that he disconnected not and the client’s name would have been very helpful in the field

I attach pictures to explain more precisely

basically before I write the name of the pppoe account, but now only on the mikrotik port it appears to me what the pppoe account is called

How did you managed to get pppoe users in here at all,
I have been trying for days to implement queues and pppoe users in here but no luck

I think it’s fairly well documented in other recent threads here that custom network port names set in the Edit->Port Settings page get overwritten when the device is next polled. (If not immediately then at some later point, perhaps during discovery polling)

The same applies to port names (“Description”) on Ethernet switch ports which also get overwritten with values from SNMP even though there are edit boxes to customise them and the custom value is displayed for a while until it gets overwritten with the SNMP provided name.

A few people have alraedy asked for a feature to lock custom port names but I guess it’s just a matter of someone having the time to sit down and implement such a feature. In other words its not a bug, just a missing feature.

#Enable PPPOE
unset($config[‘bad_if’]);
$config[‘bad_if’][] = ‘voip-null’;
$config[‘bad_if’][] = ‘virtual-’;
$config[‘bad_if’][] = ‘unrouted’;
$config[‘bad_if’][] = ‘eobc’;
$config[‘bad_if’][] = ‘lp0’;
$config[‘bad_if’][] = ‘-atm’;
$config[‘bad_if’][] = ‘faith0’;
$config[‘bad_if’][] = ‘container’;
$config[‘bad_if’][] = ‘async’;
$config[‘bad_if’][] = ‘plip’;
$config[‘bad_if’][] = ‘-physical’;
$config[‘bad_if’][] = ‘container’;
$config[‘bad_if’][] = ‘unrouted’;
$config[‘bad_if’][] = ‘bluetooth’;
$config[‘bad_if’][] = ‘isatap’;
$config[‘bad_if’][] = ‘ras’;
$config[‘bad_if’][] = ‘qos’;
$config[‘bad_if’][] = ‘span rp’;
$config[‘bad_if’][] = ‘span sp’;
$config[‘bad_if’][] = ‘sslvpn’;
$config[‘good_if’][] = ‘pppoe-’;
#HOST NAME
$config[‘force_ip_to_sysname’] = true;
$config[‘force_hostname_to_sysname’] = true;

you need to add these commands in config.php and it will work for you

he doesn’t mind DIN Mandrake but I don’t understand where he needs to change

come back with explanations and print above

there is really no one to answer my questions

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.