Quick question regarding Stable branch

Hello,

Quick question please…

I have read the docs and know how to switch over to the release (stable) branch. But I also saw that daily.sh might do some database work (maintenance/changes?).

So my question is… if I want to switch to the Release branch (actually looks like it just gets on the latest official tag) than would it be best to wait until after a recent new release? (If not… wouldn’t I potentially be downgrading my version and could that possibly cause database issues?)

Maybe I’m being too cautious… but it is near the end of the month. :slight_smile: I’m on 1.68 now and DB Schema does seem to change.

====================================

Component Version
LibreNMS 1.68
DB Schema 2020_09_22_172321_add_alert_log_index (174)
PHP 7.3.22
Python 3.6.8
MySQL 5.5.65-MariaDB
RRDTool 1.4.8
SNMP NET-SNMP 5.7.2

====================================

Best Regards,
Todd

Not a bad idea to switch to stable just after the next update. As for the database, it shouldn’t be an issue if schema is different. Only thing is that validate.php will say something about “extra database migrations, you may have just switched to the stable branch”

Yep, switching is now usually safe cause no downgrading occurs. You stay “between” the stable, until next stable occurs. Best is to switch just before new stable is released, so you get next stable exactly as it is supposed to.