Register systems in DMZ connected through pfSense firewall

My problem is that I cannot register systems located in my DMZ which connect to my LAN through a pfSense firewall. Devices in my LAN are on a 192.168.8.x/24 segment while the DMZ devices are on a 10.64.64.x/24 segment. I have rules in the firewall that NAT and route between segments and pings are allowed between the LAN and DMZ. Rules are in place that pass SNMP traffic between segments to Port 161 on the LibreNMS server.

When I attempt to register a device using the IP address of a server in the hostname field, I receive the following error: Already have device 10.64.64.x due to duplicate sysName: pfsense. If I enable duplicate sysNames, LibreNMS simply adds the pfSense firewall again.

It appears that snmp from LibreNMS is simply connecting to snmp on the pfSense firewall rather than being forwarded on to the target server in the DMZ. I am not familiar enough with using SNMP to know if I’m trying to do something that is not possible with that protocol

Is there a workaround that I’m not seeing that might resolve my issue?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.