Remote Polling?

Hi all, Ive only been using Libre for a few days so still learning. One thing that it seems we can do is pull data from other LibreNMS installs or pull all the data back ot a central area? these networks are not VPN tunnel, but I do have control of the firewalls so could open ports as needed.

I was reading you need to share NFS / RRDCache ? but reading and poking around I didnt find any good directions in how its done to where I understood it. Im reading up on the distributed poller and not sure if thats what I need or not?

Basically I have 30 disparate networks that I need to monitor snmp data for. I would love to be able to see all the data come back to a central area where I can group it together or at least login to a main site which maybe redirects me to the other sites and i can just open https? and then maybe i can export/import alerting so its consistent …

So you want either distributed polling so the doc you are reading is correct or

Just open snmp ports up to your main install and poll the devices directly or

Use an snmp proxy to access all your devices that might be behind a firewall.

I was looking at that. Im thinking the snmpd might be the way to go, in that case I am simply adding the LAN on the other side from my main install and telling it to use the snmp proxy (i.e. wan address) ?

I think we have docs on snmp proxy but in essence you point various hostnames at the same IP, those are then used to proxy on to different devices internally

Okay thanks. Im looking at some info on how to do that. Since the networks are behind firewalls and I need to monitor many devices I think an SNMP proxy would be ideal here.

Im kind of at a loss on it right now. Anyone I can hire to set one site up maybe? Also, we can write a walk through for people like me in the future at the same time .

The only thing we have available is https://docs.librenms.org/#Extensions/SNMP-Proxy/#snmp-proxy

Thanks, this looks really nice but for now we have to go with a different product. We found this from observium which looks nice too but didn’t do remote polling or alerting well at all. I guess the issue is coming from a windows world things arent looking to be setup the way Im thinking they should work and having a hard time not being an snmp expert trying to figure out simple things like alerting over time (if interface = 80% over 10 minutes then alert) type logic.

Thanks everyone for the help I will keep looking.